Leaving a light on when you go out

Isn't it built into the dashboard on a lot of modern cars,

It is now, but in the olden days you just got a really crappy radio, so people upgraded as they wanted a better radio and extras like a cassette player :D

My Dad bought me a car radio and the whole unit pulled out with a handle so you could carry it round with you. I remember taking it out and putting it in my locker at work.

It is now, but in the olden days you just got a really crappy radio, so people upgraded as they wanted a better radio and extras like a cassette player :D

My Dad bought me a car radio and the whole unit pulled out with a handle so you could carry it round with you. I remember taking it out and putting it in my locker at work.

Tapes :cool:

Car crime was real at that time though

Well into the early 90’s as well. My dad had a Vauxhall Caviler hatchback which was like crack for TWOCers. Got nicked about 5 times, remember being in St. Joes social club and seeing on the grainy CCTV someone lying down hot wiring it..... never seen me Dad move so fast in his life, he just missed getting hold of the lad. Probably for the best as he would’ve ended up doing some serious damage to the piece of shit.

:lol:
Burglars are getting very clever these days.

Last night my wife woke me up - "Darling! Darling! There's a burglar downstairs!"

So I go down, check every room and didn't find anyone.

Then I realised I don't have wife, and when I went back upstairs, my bed and TV were gone.
:lol: that has to be out of viz or summit.
I did chuckle!

f***ing hell... remember doing that haha :lol:
Along the same lines....me dad used to put a lock on the dial phone so we couldn't use it when him and me mam were out :lol:

My mam and dad were sick of big phone bills so they got a lock for the phone dial. As soon as they were out I searched the house and found the key. One quarter later, another big phone bill came in, and I'm all,"I wonder how that can be because it's clearly not me." Looking back, I'm probably lucky I didn't accidentally end their marriage in a sea of suspicion of each other having an affair.

Well into the early 90’s as well. My dad had a Vauxhall Caviler hatchback which was like crack for TWOCers. Got nicked about 5 times, remember being in St. Joes social club and seeing on the grainy CCTV someone lying down hot wiring it..... never seen me Dad move so fast in his life, he just missed getting hold of the lad. Probably for the best as he would’ve ended up doing some serious damage to the piece of shit.

Definitely into the 90's. I got my first car in 1993. Both me and my Mam had crappy Fiesta's but they kept getting broken into. Neither had an alarm fitted but we had a crook lock each for the steering wheel and an alarm that was kind of like a big padlock that you hung on the steering wheel. If it felt movement, the alarm went off. No good on windy nights though :lol:

Definitely into the 90's. I got my first car in 1993. Both me and my Mam had crappy Fiesta's but they kept getting broken into. Neither had an alarm fitted but we had a crook lock each for the steering wheel and an alarm that was kind of like a big padlock that you hung on the steering wheel. If it felt movement, the alarm went off. No good on windy nights though :lol:

:lol: I had a similar one that went across the steering wheel. I vividly remember it falling onto the horn across the middle of the steering wheel at about 3 in the morning. Woke the whole street up !

Most camera systems are able to text /email you when they are triggered. It at least gives you time to phone a relative or neighbour who can then go around and probably be slashed

One thing I have noticed is that on the scratty estates it seems perfectly acceptable to leave all your kids bikes and scooters in the front garden overnight. Mine left her bike out once in SR6 and it got swiped.

Back