Leaving a light on when you go out

Status
Not open for further replies.

First vcr we had I bought in very late 70s. £385 which was about 7 weeks wages iirc. Me da made me take it upstairs at night for months which was a pain in the arse when coming in pissed. Then he relented and kept it downstairs with a multifolded thick tea towel draped ower it at night.
Anyone remember heavy breathers ?

you would come in from school and every now and then your mam/aunt/ganny would say “I’ve had a heavy breather on the phone today”
Pics?

Last edited:
First vcr we had I bought in very late 70s. £385 which was about 7 weeks wages iirc. Me da made me take it upstairs at night for months which was a pain in the arse when coming in pissed. Then he relented and kept it downstairs with a multifolded thick tea towel draped ower it at night.

Pics?
Are you sure?I had aunt and Mother cleaning b a job on handover last year and one of the lads said”I wouldn’t like to bump into them 2 on a dark night in a back alley”
WILL SOMEONE JUST EXPLAIN WHY PEOPLE COVERED UP THEIR VCR MAN
So bandits looking through the window looking for loot didn’t see you had one

What does putting a teatowel over them do? Surely someone would break into your house and see a teatowel underneath the tele and think "oh aye, what's this this then?"
Back then there wasn't the plethora of gadgets, consoles etc and the old VCRs had LED panels which shone out like a beacon at night. If anyone was strolling past and had a casual look through the window they'd see a little gold nugget staring out at them in the form of a VCR.

What does putting a teatowel over them do? Surely someone would break into your house and see a teatowel underneath the tele and think "oh aye, what's this this then?"
The time displays were super bright at a time that no other domestic appliance had them. It’s been mentioned upthread by someone saying you could land aeroplanes by their brightness. Potential burgers walking the streets could See them glowing through your curtains....and on some estates through your brickwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back