Lauren Laverne Breakfast Show - 6music

New controller of R6 is ruining it for me. It’s her idea to bring in the new ‘young’ DJ’s to make it more appealing across tastes and age groups.
Aye, right. So we’re gonna be hearing that 1971 bootleg recording of bachman turner overdrive playing in a Brazilian swamp on 1Xtra too, are we? Doubt it.

I can't be doing with Laverne. Obscure shite, I want hear new music right enough, but not lativan ear flute or such bollocks.

They venecular the presenters have started using since this new controller has started pisses me off too. Hearing Radcliffe tell us that a track has 'just dropped' grates. A 60 year old man is not using that phrase indpendently. That sort of bollocks has clearly been mandated - I'd not heard such rubbish before and all of a sudden they're all at it.

I can't be doing with Laverne. Obscure shite, I want hear new music right enough, but not lativan ear flute or such bollocks.

They venecular the presenters have started using since this new controller has started pisses me off too. Hearing Radcliffe tell us that a track has 'just dropped' grates. A 60 year old man is not using that phrase indpendently. That sort of bollocks has clearly been mandated - I'd not heard such rubbish before and all of a sudden they're all at it.

She doesn't play that much obscure music IMO. She only gets a handful of free plays each day and they tend to be something reasonably new and listenable.

On the vernacular too... I'm certain it's not mandated. Rather RadMac are dealing with younger radio pluggers every day who'll no doubt be using those sort of terms in their pitches, in their press releases etc. and it's rubbing off.

The Blessed Madonna has to be a contender.

It's shit getting old isn't it?!

i think the Blessed Madonna is great.
She doesn't play that much obscure music IMO. She only gets a handful of free plays each day and they tend to be something reasonably new and listenable.

On the vernacular too... I'm certain it's not mandated. Rather RadMac are dealing with younger radio pluggers every day who'll no doubt be using those sort of terms in their pitches, in their press releases etc. and it's rubbing off.

Agreed, I quite like her.

Last edited:
I love her.

One day, I was listening to her on 6Music at my desk. Went to the kitchen to make a coffee and put R4 on and she was doing Desert Island Discs. Went back to desk listening to her on 6. Made another coffee listening to R4 and she was on Woman's Hour. Back to work to listen to her on 6Music.

Kids came home from nursery so I put CBeebies on. f***ing Tee and Mo.

:lol:

Great on desert Island discs..

Needs to add a twist to it and have dessert island discs.. one question should be if you could have one dessert on the desert island what would it be...
Get your CV in sharpish.

Apple crumble or Treacle Sponge. Can’t decide.

Can’t get away with it :neutral:

I know Sean Keaveny got on a lot of people’s tits, but I didn’t mind him. The music she plays isn’t for me. Too many whiney women. Where’s all the guitars?!
Lauren has that music nazi vibe...ie if you dont like her music you ain't cool.
The thing I didn't like about Keaveny was too much talk and not enough music, Lauren's show rectifies that a bit.

I've got to say Keaveny has not transferred well to the afternoon show, he's just doing the same show as the morning and hasn't changed much. Every time I put it on its just him talking to himself and it gets turned off quite quick. RadMac seemed to have a great rapport with all the callers and a genuine love of music which Keaveny is missing.

I doesn't look like the shake up has been that successful.
Keaveny was a total blogger liked by bloggers and got sussed. Annie mac plays best music. Metal hip hop techno

Last edited:

Back