Lauren Laverne Breakfast Show - 6music

Love Lamaq me. If he likes a band, chances are I will too. The Lamaq Livener is a good feature. First time I heard Fontaines DC.
I like the music he plays just can't stand listening to him talk. When I first started listening to 6 music they had Adam and Joe on a Saturday morning, they need more stuff like that.

my two pence... mary anne hobbs was perfect for waking up to at weekends, even her voice is made for waking up to (even if she can be pretentious as fuck) - for me it's taking a bit to warm to her show during the work day... :-/ Mind Maconie has been fine so far so there's one small win.

I've only had lauren on around 10 so it feels like the tail end of old show anyways....

Mary Anne hobbs always sounds on the verge of tears. Can't get away with her.

When Craig Charles sat in on the breakfast show a while back that was class, funk and enthusiasm instead of keavney.

:rolleyes:

Disagree completely. The best thing about the DJ's they have on 6 is that they actually know their stuff. All the other stations 'DJs' are just no-mark salesman trying to convince me the next song/band/album/gig they go on about is the best thing I've ever heard.
This for me too and quite like Lamaq. Not decided about Lauren on the early slot, Gregg James is doing canny on radio 1 and haven't listened to Zoe yet but thought she was great in her early R1 days.

Chris Hawkins from 5am to 7am is excellent.
Are you kidding me? He makes me want to punch the radio. It’s like listening to a grown man who still needs fed by his parents.

I know I’m sounding particularly down on 6 music but I do genuinely like the station. The main issue I have is that I’ve been listening to the same people for about 10 years. Yes they know their stuff, yes the music is genuinely what I’m after but they are all too comfortable on the station to the point they are up their own arses.

Are you kidding me? He makes me want to punch the radio. It’s like listening to a grown man who still needs fed by his parents.

I know I’m sounding particularly down on 6 music but I do genuinely like the station. The main issue I have is that I’ve been listening to the same people for about 10 years. Yes they know their stuff, yes the music is genuinely what I’m after but they are all too comfortable on the station to the point they are up their own arses.
I really like his show. Plays some cracking stuff.

I used to like the breakfast show with Phil Jupitus. I'd waste the first couple of hours at work making gifs related to whatever he was talking about that day.
Photoshop on the radio, quality content.

Hawkins isn’t the most polished of presenters but since he started I’ve heard some fantastic stuff in the 20 minutes or so a day I catch. Seems to like football as well. Shrewsbury Town I think. Mentioned the other day he was watching Sunderland Til I die.
Yeah. I like him as he's pretty quiet which is perfect for that time of day. I've discovered loads of stuff listening to him. He's a big football fan apparently, and started a search to find a song that acknowledges every football club in England and the SPL.

BBC Radio 6 Music - Chris Hawkins - Home Team Glory

I love her.

One day, I was listening to her on 6Music at my desk. Went to the kitchen to make a coffee and put R4 on and she was doing Desert Island Discs. Went back to desk listening to her on 6. Made another coffee listening to R4 and she was on Woman's Hour. Back to work to listen to her on 6Music.

Kids came home from nursery so I put CBeebies on. f***ing Tee and Mo.

Back