Lauren Laverne Breakfast Show - 6music

I find Keaveney unlistenable - he has one act - oh, I'm not really a very good dj, stutter, shuffle paper - whereas Lauren Laverne is just concentrating on music which is what I want to hear. Keaveney is just like Chris Moyles - a dj pretending he's a comedian and failing.

Can’t get away with it :neutral:

I know Sean Keaveny got on a lot of people’s tits, but I didn’t mind him. The music she plays isn’t for me. Too many whiney women. Where’s all the guitars?!
He was great. Funny enough, but not at all trying to be zany. Music good too. Her personality is fine but yeah, some odd segments and her music is a bit too leftfield for 8am.

my two pence... mary anne hobbs was perfect for waking up to at weekends, even her voice is made for waking up to (even if she can be pretentious as fuck) - for me it's taking a bit to warm to her show during the work day... :-/ Mind Maconie has been fine so far so there's one small win.

I've only had lauren on around 10 so it feels like the tail end of old show anyways....

my two pence... mary anne hobbs was perfect for waking up to at weekends, even her voice is made for waking up to (even if she can be pretentious as fuck) - for me it's taking a bit to warm to her show during the work day... :-/ Mind Maconie has been fine so far so there's one small win.

I've only had lauren on around 10 so it feels like the tail end of old show anyways....
6 Music needs a refresh with new DJ’s.

How the fuck Lamacq is still there I do not know.

:lol:
Somebody put him out of his misery.
:rolleyes:

6 Music needs a refresh with new DJ’s.

How the fuck Lamacq is still there I do not know.

Disagree completely. The best thing about the DJ's they have on 6 is that they actually know their stuff. All the other stations 'DJs' are just no-mark salesman trying to convince me the next song/band/album/gig they go on about is the best thing I've ever heard.

I like Lamacq too but it’s probably because every time I flick him on he’s playing the soundtrack to my teenage/twenties years. Ah nostalgia.

Back