Lauren Laverne Breakfast Show - 6music

Enjoyed Sean’s attempts at an alternative breakfast radio show and the guests he brought on, Lauren’s is just any old 6 music show, could be on at any time of the day. Zoe Ball must be gaining more listeners from 6.

Can't get away with her - she's clearly not quite as bad, but there's a bit too much of the Mary-Anne Hobbs/Jo Whiley about her (i.e. any at all).

Preferred Keaveny's cynicism

Doubt I’ll ever hear any of it as usually at work when she starts with moving her start back half an hour.

I’m actually preferring Chris Hawkins to Keaveny. More, and better, music and less babbling on

Keaveny was class. Like to see a local doing well, but the lass just gets on me tits. Got that same sort of smart arse thing about her as yon Edith bowman. “You must get this obscure 70’s afrobeat album”.. fuck off man.

I Like radio 6's obscure leanings but on a morning ? nah .I just have radio 4 and take a bit chat in about the day

Keaveny was class. Like to see a local doing well, but the lass just gets on me tits. Got that same sort of smart arse thing about her as yon Edith bowman. “You must get this obscure 70’s afrobeat album”.. fuck off man.
Started with andy Kershaw and his non selling world music

The thing I didn't like about Keaveny was too much talk and not enough music, Lauren's show rectifies that a bit.

I've got to say Keaveny has not transferred well to the afternoon show, he's just doing the same show as the morning and hasn't changed much. Every time I put it on its just him talking to himself and it gets turned off quite quick. RadMac seemed to have a great rapport with all the callers and a genuine love of music which Keaveny is missing.

I doesn't look like the shake up has been that successful.

Don’t like the music she plays, she’s got shit taste. I will never forgive her for playing ‘Here Comes the Hotstepper’ AND some garbage by Biz Mackie.

The thing I didn't like about Keaveny was too much talk and not enough music, Lauren's show rectifies that a bit.

I've got to say Keaveny has not transferred well to the afternoon show, he's just doing the same show as the morning and hasn't changed much. Every time I put it on its just him talking to himself and it gets turned off quite quick. RadMac seemed to have a great rapport with all the callers and a genuine love of music which Keaveny is missing.

I doesn't look like the shake up has been that successful.

I catch 20 minutes on the way to work and that is now Chris Hawkins. Definitely more music played than Keaveny, which is a good thing. My finish times vary but Lamacq is unchanged. The music is fine but his constant umm err is irritating.

Not a huge fan of the Mac bit of RadMac but they had great chemistry. I miss teatime themetime anarl. I'd rather listen to them than Keaveny. I don't particularly dislike him, I just wish he'd shut up a bit more.

Back