Latest boxing crack

Kash Farooq has just announced his retirement, going off the last part of his statement it sounds as though it's down to health reasons. Shame as I would have loved to have seen the McGregor rematch but he's absolutely right to walk away if something is medically amiss.

Interesting comments

It’s the year 2023, Whyte still in deep arbitration to fight Fury.
Seriously it’s getting absolutely ridiculous now, boring as fuck.
Probably why the UFC has become so popular, you’ll see an MMA journalist tweet a fight is in the works and a week later it’s done most of the time. With boxing you are completely tired of the concept of that certain fight by the time it’s actually a done deal then you have another 6 month or so of training camps, it’s shite.

Last edited:
Interesting comments

Probably why the UFC has become so popular, you’ll see an MMA journalist tweet a fight is in the works and a week later it’s done most of the time. With boxing you are completely tired of the concept of that certain fight by the time it’s actually a done deal then you have another 6 month or so of training camps, it’s shite.
He's right about the level of coaching in the UK not being very good historically but Davison's the sort of bloke who would suck himself off if he could. Even by the standards of the current high-profile British trainer he's a total egomaniac as well as being one of Kinahan's bootlickers-in-chief.

It would be matchbook winning the purse bids , Dazn is just the broadcaster. However yes match room would decide venues etc
How does purse bids work?
I assume whoever offers the most cash in total wins. But how does the split get arranged, does the winner of the purse bid get to decide?

Because if so, that could get "interesting", couldn't it? (e.g. winner takes all)

I assume whoever offers the most cash in total wins. But how does the split get arranged, does the winner of the purse bid get to decide?

Because if so, that could get "interesting", couldn't it? (e.g. winner takes all)
If the promotors can't agree terms between them ( Matchroom & Top rank) then the fight goes to the highest bidder so any promotor can bid to hold the fight. Can only happen if a governing body order's a fight though

Basically it will turn into a dick swinging contest between Bob/Frank and Eddie. Output is both fighters may get more dosh

However I’d still be gobsmacked if this actually gets to the actual purse bid. Saying that, it’s boxing.

Basically it will turn into a dick swinging contest between Bob/Frank and Eddie. Output is both fighters may get more dosh

However I’d still be gobsmacked if this actually gets to the actual purse bid. Saying that, it’s boxing.
What I mean though is how is the split handled if it goes to PB?
The higher overall winner wins the bid I assume. But could they decide to pay 50/50, or 90/10 or anything else they want?

Highest bid. ie dick swinging.
:lol:

I know man.

I mean after that. Someone bids £100m and wins the purse bid.
But then
How does the split get sorted out?

Because if its the same ratios as the WBC have already stated, then I don't understand why its going to PB in the first place - that was only happening because Wyhte rejected the split isn't it?

Last edited:
:lol:

I know man.

I mean after that. Someone bids £100m and wins the purse bid.
But then
How does the split get sorted out?

It's been determined to be an 80/20. This is why it's absolute bollocks what Fury's promotional team have manufactured in order to claim Whyte is f***ing him

It's been determined to be an 80/20. This is why it's absolute bollocks what Fury's promotional team have manufactured in order to claim Whyte is f***ing him
I thought the whole reason it was going to PB was because that split was rejected? Why is it going to PB then?

Back