Latest boxing crack

It’s really not like imo.
Really ?!? He’s beat 3/4 top 10 ranked fighters in 30 fights, thats not opinion its fact, Hammer, Chisora, Wlad, and Wilder !

Here was me trying to get through 2022 without much Fury debate, i managed a few weeks ha
I could not disagree more.

Which British heavyweights do you rank above him?
I didnt specify HW’s but if we’re talking that i’d class Lewis above him certainly

Last edited:
In terms of simply British boxers i’d easily put Calzaghe ahead of him and i wouldnt be against Hatton being argued as being ahead i’d say Hatton tested himself against better opposition and fought a better level of opposition than Fury

But Fury’s nowhere near Calzaghe or Lewis so its not even a contest on a british level nevermind historical !

People saying look how much he showed against Wilder, he beat him plenty but he also got timed and pit down by a technically really poor boxer ! Others have put him down and troubled him, he shouldnt be held in the esteem he currently is !

As i’ve said before aye if he beats Whyte, Usyk, Joshua, Joyce then fair enough he’ll be Britains best ever HW but ….

In terms of simply British boxers i’d easily put Calzaghe ahead of him and i wouldnt be against Hatton being argued as being ahead i’d say Hatton tested himself against better opposition and fought a better level of opposition than Fury

But Fury’s nowhere near Calzaghe or Lewis so its not even a contest on a british level nevermind historical !

People saying look how much he showed against Wilder, he beat him plenty but he also got timed and pit down by a technically really poor boxer ! Others have put him down and troubled him, he shouldnt be held in the esteem he currently is !

As i’ve said before aye if he beats Whyte, Usyk, Joshua, Joyce then fair enough he’ll be Britains best ever HW but ….
So you’ve named 3 and even yourself has said you wouldn’t fully back one of them in Hatton. would you not say being top 3/4 is “being up there with the best” as you put it?

Fury isnt some unbeatable boxing god and talk of him being up there even with Britains best is far too premature nevermind all time greats

I think you need sleep!
If you don't appreciate his technique then you don't know much about boxing, his head movement and feints are constantly spot on, head movements and feints aren't there for you to look all fancy in the ring, they're there to mentally tire the opponent out, the constant caution of a 260 lbs man with a 10+ inch reach advantage on you trying to pull you in while trying not to get hit with that ridiculous reach disadvantage. And after that, you have a 19 stone man who leans on you for 12 rounds.

A man who's close to 7 foot shouldn't have the speed or agility he does either, he's an actual freak of nature.

I think you need sleep!
If you don't appreciate his technique then you don't know much about boxing, his head movement and feints are constantly spot on, head movements and feints aren't there for you to look all fancy in the ring, they're there to mentally tire the opponent out, the constant caution of a 260 lbs man with a 10+ inch reach advantage on you trying to pull you in while trying not to get hit with that ridiculous reach disadvantage. And after that, you have a 19 stone man who leans on you for 12 rounds.

A man who's close to 7 foot shouldn't have the speed or agility he does either, he's an actual freak of nature.

I think there’s many people who fail to appreciate just how good he is technically.

Absolute joy to watch is Fury.

I think you need sleep!

He’s a git big hairy fat bastard anarl it’s canny funny tbh.

So you’ve named 3 and even yourself has said you wouldn’t fully back one of them in Hatton. would you not say being top 3/4 is “being up there with the best” as you put it?
No because i’ve named 3 there in my lifetime, historically there’ll be others in there and above him like McGuigan, Benn, Honeyman, Cooper, and more

I think you need sleep!

I respect and appreciate all of that but even with that Wilder timed him, caught him and decked him how many times ?!?, another ref would have stopped the Wallin fight because of a cut caused by a punch nothing else, cruiserweight out him down early on !

I respect he battered Chisora ( a never has been ) in the rematch or confused Wlad by feints and his mental game but until he cleans out the division as i’ve said before he’s got plenty to do and prove with all his ‘ skills ‘ and its not like its a great era is it !
Henry Cooper better than Tyson Fury?
Not my opinion i’ve simply done a search on the best british boxers of all time …. Fury dont make the top 10 much

Last edited:

Dear god :lol:

The Wlad and Wilder wins are superb and really put Fury in a good position amongst all time Brit rankings. He lets his resume down in other areas, but his best wins are very good.

Defends how far you want to go back with British fighters and whether heavyweight or p4p - but there's definitely more than 1 or 2 fighters ahead of him. No shame in it like, still one of the best heavys we've had in terms of what they've pulled off.

The Wlad and Wilder wins are superb and really put Fury in a good position amongst all time Brit rankings. He lets his resume down in other areas, but his best wins are very good.

Defends how far you want to go back with British fighters and whether heavyweight or p4p - but there's definitely more than 1 or 2 fighters ahead of him. No shame in it like, still one of the best heavys we've had in terms of what they've pulled off.

In terms of UK heavyweights Lennox is still head and shoulders ahead.....held all his titles with distinction as well. ;)
Fury needs to cut the social media bullshit and run through Whyte, Usyk and Joshua first.
Lewis was one of the most ducked heavyweights in history whereas Fury seems to be doing the ducking these days :)

In terms of UK heavyweights Lennox is still head and shoulders ahead.....held all his titles with distinction as well. ;)
Fury needs to cut the social media bullshit and run through Whyte, Usyk and Joshua first.
Lewis was one of the most ducked heavyweights in history whereas Fury seems to be doing the ducking these days :)

Fury can't catch Lewis

Back