Latest boxing crack

Don't blame him for not wanting to but hope he knows exactly what it says in the contract because I'd have thought Matchroom wouldn't have left such details out. If they have then he is right to play hard ball.
He cant play hard ball if it's in a contract which hes signed which apparently it is stated in a contract that AJ team have the final say on the location.
Match room have came out and said both Rivas and Whyte were cleared to fight on Saturday, be interesting to see what comes out after this. See Wilder has jumped straight on it.

He cant play hard ball if it's in a contract which hes signed which apparently it is stated in a contract that AJ team have the final say on the location.
Match room have came out and said both Rivas and Whyte were cleared to fight on Saturday, be interesting to see what comes out after this. See Wilder has jumped straight on it.
If it is in the contract he is fucked. However if its just Eddie saying it is in the contract then it might not be because he is a massive bull shitter.

Weirdly Joshua has been saying he is happy to have the rematch in New York so it's either matchroom or Ajs training team putting obstacles in the way.

Last edited:
I'll never be shocked about any boxers taking banned substances. No matter who it is.
Me neither.
Tbh, it seems a no brainer to take it.
The boxer says he wasn't aware he took it, gets banned for 6 month, where he wouldn't fight in that 6 month anyway.
When boxers fight twice a year or so, there is really no consequence in boxers taking banned substances.

He's a dick head. But sees everyone else doing it and not getting punished.
I'm not really to clued up on this, who bans him, the uk or wada?
If he gets banned here for longer than 6 month i presume he could still get another boxing federation to sanction the fight?

Last edited:
Eddie Hearn
Further to reports I can confirm both Whyte and Rivas were subjective to extensive VADA and UKAD testing for their bout. Both fighters cleared to fight by both bodies and the BBBofC

That comment there, intended as damage limitation, only makes it look more dodgy. 'Cleared to fight' when Whyte, his camp and Matchroom were all aware of the failed test before the fight. He's failed the tests with UKAD, who wait until due process is complete any sanctions handed out. The part that doesn't sit right with me is Whyte, Hearn etc knowing about this and not informing Rivas and the WBC, even more so with the news of Dadashev recently.

Hearn was very outspoken about PED use and Miller, let's see what's said if Whyte's B sample tests positive.

If it is in the contract he is fucked. However if its just Eddie saying it is in the contract then it might not be because he is a massive bull shitter.

Weirdly Joshua has been saying he is happy to have the rematch in New York so it's either matchroom or Ajs training team putting obstacles in the way.
It's all a bit weird to me, they both have openly came out and said it's happening but still nothing signed or agreed yet. Then Ruiz putting tweets out that hes not having it in the UK indicates maybe the contract isn't as carved on steel as match room are making out do you could be right.

It's all a bit weird to me, they both have openly came out and said it's happening but still nothing signed or agreed yet. Then Ruiz putting tweets out that hes not having it in the UK indicates maybe the contract isn't as carved on steel as match room are making out do you could be right.
Any long delay will give the sanctioning bodies the excuse to start stripping belts which the do like to do. If a belt becomes vacant then AJ might prefer to go that route than the rematch anyway.

Eddie Hearn
That comment there, intended as damage limitation, only makes it look more dodgy. 'Cleared to fight' when Whyte, his camp and Matchroom were all aware of the failed test before the fight. He's failed the tests with UKAD, who wait until due process is complete any sanctions handed out. The part that doesn't sit right with me is Whyte, Hearn etc knowing about this and not informing Rivas and the WBC, even more so with the news of Dadashev recently.
Hearn was very outspoken about PED use and Miller, let's see what's said if Whyte's B sample tests positive.
To me, it implies its something "not deliberate". Like maybe something innocuous like the old cases with sinex spray, or something that's newly added to the list which hasn't had time to get out of his system?

Any long delay will give the sanctioning bodies the excuse to start stripping belts which the do like to do. If a belt becomes vacant then AJ might prefer to go that route than the rematch anyway.
Which will just make a joke of the situation. People wont see AJ as the real heavyweight champ if that's how it pans out.
Regardless of the contract Ruiz knows the balls in his court here. A lot of fans will see him as the real champ until he is beat, similar to Fury.
AJ needs to go and beat him. Refusing to fight unless it's in the UK makes him look bad regardless of any contracts signed.

Last edited:
Which will just make a joke of the situation. People wont see AJ as the real heavyweight champ if that's how it pans out.
Regardless of the contract Ruiz knows the balls in his court here. A lot of fans will see him as the real champ until he is beat, similar to Fury.
AJ needs to go and beat him. Refusing to fight unless it's in the UK makes him look bad regardless of any contracts signed.
I didn't see him as the real heavyweight champion anyway. :p

To me, it implies its something "not deliberate". Like maybe something innocuous like the old cases with sinex spray, or something that's newly added to the list which hasn't had time to get out of his system?

It will pan out something like this...........they'll deny and hide behind a raft of legal and medical bullshit and look for a best case scenario (6/12 month suspension)

Yeah the first time he failed wasn’t it for a substance nobody had even heard of, I heard him talking about it before and no one had a clue what it was.

Not quite. He took an over the counter supplement, but ignorance isn't an excuse when you're a professional athlete. Five minutes of research on the product and he would've known, which is why I'm sceptical as it was an industry leading product

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite. He took an over the counter supplement, but ignorance isn't an excuse when you're a professional athlete. Five minutes of research on the product and he would've known, which is why I'm sceptical as it was an industry leading product

All quiet from Hearn and Whyte..........getting their excuses ready ;)

Back