Latest boxing crack

Hoped it wasn't true when I heard, very sad news :(

Was trained by George Benton, one of the real old school boxers who really helped develop that 'Mayweather style'.

Gutted to hear this, was one of my favourites. The result against Chavez is one of the all time worst decisions I’ve ever seen. Was an absolute master in the ring.
He’d been shafted years before against Jose Luis Ramirez.
Boxed Ramirez’s head off but they gave Ramirez the decision because Don King had already signed up Ramirez to have an all Mexican super fight against Chavez.
The thing is he was there right in front of you in the pocket, but you still couldn’t hit him, a real genius.

Who the fuck do you think they are talking about in gprevious posts :)

Gutted to hear this, was one of my favourites. The result against Chavez is one of the all time worst decisions I’ve ever seen. Was an absolute master in the ring.
Sad to hear, wasnt. Favourite of mine back in the day, some very dull fights but he was superb.

Preferred Chavez, Taylor, Norris , de la Hoya from back in those days.

And yes he beat Chavez fair and sq.

Last edited:
He’d been shafted years before against Jose Luis Ramirez.
Boxed Ramirez’s head off but they gave Ramirez the decision because Don King had already signed up Ramirez to have an all Mexican super fight against Chavez.
The thing is he was there right in front of you in the pocket, but you still couldn’t hit him, a real genius.

His only clear loss at the top level was against Tito Trinidad and he was several years past his prime by that point. The Ramirez and Chavez decisions were a disgrace and the De La Hoya fight could have gone either way

One of the best defensive fighters who has ever lived

So who's buying the PPV(s) on Saturday? By no means a bad card and a few watchable fights and had it have been on Sky Sports Action, I'd have been looking forward to it, but it's just absolutely nowhere near PPV, so it'll be another stream for me. The Pac-Thurman card is actually decent, but again not paying, especially in the early hours, so will find that in the morning.

So who's buying the PPV(s) on Saturday? By no means a bad card and a few watchable fights and had it have been on Sky Sports Action, I'd have been looking forward to it, but it's just absolutely nowhere near PPV, so it'll be another stream for me. The Pac-Thurman card is actually decent, but again not paying, especially in the early hours, so will find that in the morning.

Won't be paying but looking forward to both cards

Streaming the Matchroom card live. Will watch the pacman card in the morning.

See Hearns pushing the boat out trying to sell his next American card on DAZN, in an interview on IFL he claims Joey Djewecko knocked ‘ out ‘ Joshua five times in sparring, sparring that took place while Joshua was in Miami weeks before the fight !

Back