Latest boxing crack

I’m buying the sky card like..

Tbf 3 cracking heavyweight fights like, right up for it.

Teofimo Lopez fighting in the states on Friday.

His impression and stories of Brendan ingle crack me up...:)

“Ugly f***ing bassstard”

“Big ugly f***ing basstard”

Been a few now that make you realise what a huge influence Ingle was for many of these blokes, not just as a fighter but much more in many cases

Two of them are domestic/European level in fairness.

It's a shite card to be PPV.

Not saying it won't have entertaining fights but who is the main support card, Price v Allen? Joke really
I’m not suggesting they are Leonard v Henares Marra.

But for 3 very very well matched fights whose styles may create good fights, which ultimately what it’s all about.
Piece v Allen is a cracking fight tbf.

I’m not suggesting they are Leonard v Henares Marra.

But for 3 very very well matched fights whose styles may create good fights, which ultimately what it’s all about.
Piece v Allen is a cracking fight tbf.

Price v Allen is a good domestic dust up, but it shows what utter shit people have became accustomed to forking their hard owned over for.

For it to be PPV there has to be more than just two decently matched fights for me, especially when the only 'world class' fight on the card is Whyte v Rivas.

May very well be class, but for PPV I want well matched fights... between world level opponents or prospects. Rather we're getting Price and Chisora propping it up.

Price v Allen is a good domestic dust up, but it shows what utter shit people have became accustomed to forking their hard owned over for.

For it to be PPV there has to be more than just two decently matched fights for me, especially when the only 'world class' fight on the card is Whyte v Rivas.

May very well be class, but for PPV I want well matched fights... between world level opponents or prospects. Rather we're getting Price and Chisora propping it up.
Ahhh aye I’m not justifying PPv btw.

I’ll buy it though.

It's not a bad card of fights. If you look at the 3 main fights, the longest odds for the opponent is 7/2 or 4/1, so they are all pretty well matched, and there'd be no massive surprise if any of the 6 HWs won, which is good. However, you never know which Chisora will turn up, he's had about 3 good fights in his last 20, the rest of them were snooze fests, Price-Allen is basically comedy, albeit a fight that makes sense for them both and ironically, the one that will probably spearhead the majority of these buys, and the main event is solid, nothing more, nothing less.

In terms of the PPV. It's a bit like Sky Sports Football looking to put PPVs on and starting off with 'big 6' clashes on PPV, those that are eagerly anticipated, like say Haye-Klitschko, Froch-Kessler II, and how it turned out, Froch-Groves II - most people really wanted to see those fights, they were really hyped, and you could sort of justify paying to watch them (I'm absolutely not justifying Sky putting football on PPV, but if they did, they would be a comparison). Then Joshua came on the scene and that was a bit like Man Utd suddenly becoming PPV vs anybody they played (if you don't want to watch, don't buy blah blah...), until they eventually played another top side (Klitschko) and finally had an anticipated match which most would want to see, and more people would pay for it.

Using that analogy, this is basically Everton vs Leicester - 2 decent enough competitors, who are improving and want to get to that next level (top 6 / world title level) - it should be competitive, a favourite with home advantage, but no obvious winner, a match a fair few would want to see, but basically taking the piss charging people extra and new depths in terms of how low the bar has been set - Joshua has obviously had some shocking PPV opponents, but at least he is a big name, had a bit of an aura and kind of felt like a big occasion whenever he fought. £20 won't be bank breaking for many, especially if you split the bill, but where does it end, if this does OK, how much lower does this already very low bar fall? Would the equivalent of Bournemouth vs Southampton eventually fit the bill, especially if they kept sacrificing the normal shows, so they could 'stack' the card to try and make it a bit more appealing.

It really is a shit situation.

It's not a bad card of fights. If you look at the 3 main fights, the longest odds for the opponent is 7/2 or 4/1, so they are all pretty well matched, and there'd be no massive surprise if any of the 6 HWs won, which is good. However, you never know which Chisora will turn up, he's had about 3 good fights in his last 20, the rest of them were snooze fests, Price-Allen is basically comedy, albeit a fight that makes sense for them both and ironically, the one that will probably spearhead the majority of these buys, and the main event is solid, nothing more, nothing less.

In terms of the PPV. It's a bit like Sky Sports Football looking to put PPVs on and starting off with 'big 6' clashes on PPV, those that are eagerly anticipated, like say Haye-Klitschko, Froch-Kessler II, and how it turned out, Froch-Groves II - most people really wanted to see those fights, they were really hyped, and you could sort of justify paying to watch them (I'm absolutely not justifying Sky putting football on PPV, but if they did, they would be a comparison). Then Joshua came on the scene and that was a bit like Man Utd suddenly becoming PPV vs anybody they played (if you don't want to watch, don't buy blah blah...), until they eventually played another top side (Klitschko) and finally had an anticipated match which most would want to see, and more people would pay for it.

Using that analogy, this is basically Everton vs Leicester - 2 decent enough competitors, who are improving and want to get to that next level (top 6 / world title level) - it should be competitive, a favourite with home advantage, but no obvious winner, a match a fair few would want to see, but basically taking the piss charging people extra and new depths in terms of how low the bar has been set - Joshua has obviously had some shocking PPV opponents, but at least he is a big name, had a bit of an aura and kind of felt like a big occasion whenever he fought. £20 won't be bank breaking for many, especially if you split the bill, but where does it end, if this does OK, how much lower does this already very low bar fall? Would the equivalent of Bournemouth vs Southampton eventually fit the bill, especially if they kept sacrificing the normal shows, so they could 'stack' the card to try and make it a bit more appealing.

It really is a shit situation.

It's seemingly becoming a case of a PPV card being viewed as successful when a few good fights transpire. In reality it's a case of WHO the fights were between, as you say. If I wanted to pay to watch some proper dust ups I could go to York Hall. When it's PPV I want some real quality, not two soon to be retired British level names giving the card some depth.

We've had worse PPV cards, don't get me wrong, but Whyte - Rivas for fuck sake... As I said months back, Whyte is seemingly a PPV fighter when it suits Hearn. He's happy for everyone to pay up for Whyte when it's the Chisora's and Rivas', yet when people look for the Joshua rematch he's suddenly undeserving of a true PPV purse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Hearn's pushing the fight

FIGHT DAY!!!! I truly believe this is one of the best cards we have ever promoted! I hope you enjoy the show! Let’s go baby!

I'm assuming this is doing really bad numbers. :lol:

He's happy for everyone to pay up for Whyte when it's the Chisora's and Rivas', yet when people look for the Joshua rematch he's suddenly undeserving of a true PPV purse.
How. It was between 5 and 7 million. His greed cost him the chance to have a go at 3 belts and he didn’t back himself.

More fool him, the whole he describes a title shot rhetoric bores me, had his chance and turned it down.

Ruiz grabbed it, fair play to him.

How. It was between 5 and 7 million. His greed cost him the chance to have a go at 3 belts and he didn’t back himself.

More fool him, the whole he describes a title shot rhetoric bores me, had his chance and turned it down.

Ruiz grabbed it, fair play to him.

What were the terms of the payment?

It isn't just the absolute figure that determines whether it's a fair payment. This is how Hearn is smart. Reminds me of Short signing N'Dong for 'record fee'.

Last edited by a moderator:
What were the terms of the payment?

It isn't just the absolute figure that determines whether it's a fair payment. This is how Hearn is smart. Reminds me of Short signing N'Dong for 'record fee'.
You tell me. But 5 to 7 million whatever the fine detail is an amazing amount of money to fight for the biggest prize in sport. Amazing and if he won another huge amount.

I know we’ve discussed this before - bottom line for me he didn’t back himself or was shockingly advised.

You tell me. But 5 to 7 million whatever the fine detail is an amazing amount of money to fight for the biggest prize in sport. Amazing and if he won another huge amount.

I know we’ve discussed this before - bottom line for me he didn’t back himself or was shockingly advised.

Well we'll agree to disagree mate. I don't believe Hearn wanted to make the fight, hence an initial offer of 3m or so and added more clauses when he increased the figure after pressure from the fans.

An apt anecdote would be a fighter I know who was offered a very good fee as a final eliminator for a local area title at York Hall. The contract, despite being his best pay day by about double, was horrendous. First refusal on a title shot at any point in the next few years should he win the eliminator and title and various other things that essentially made the next 3 years of his career accountable to somebody else should he win. (He reluctantly accepted and lost like)

Back