Latest boxing crack

The way he's talking, he wants the likes of Burns, Kelly, Yafai, Buatsi, Katie Taylor, Coyle and others on the undercard and have it a GB/Ireland vs USA night, which sounds decent in theory, but it's still well past midnight (on PPV) and even worse, how bad are the normal Sky cards going to be around that period if he is sending half of his stable to the States.

:lol:

To be fair, I'm the same as Much there. I wasn't thrilled about a potential Joshua vs Whyte II bout around that time, but since then he was obviously in another fight that turned out to be a good spectacle, you hear more and more interviews from Whyte and he comes across well and the more Miller became likely, the much more appealing Joshua-Whyte sounded, especially when Whyte was given Hearn stick in recent interviews. It is amazing though how mindset changes when you just expect something, and it sounds so much better when it doesn't happen and something far worse does.

Last edited:
The way he's talking, he wants the likes of Burns, Kelly, Yafai, Buatsi, Katie Taylor, Coyle and others on the undercard and have it a GB/Ireland vs USA night, which sounds decent in theory, but it's still well past midnight (on PPV) and even worse, how bad are the normal Sky cards going to be around that period if he is sending half of his stable to the States.

:lol:

To be fair, I'm the same as Much there. I wasn't thrilled about a potential Joshua vs Whyte II bout around that time, but since then he was obviously in another fight that turned out to be a good spectacle, you hear more and more interviews from Whyte and he comes across well and the more Miller became likely, the much more appealing Joshua-Whyte sounded, especially when Whyte was given Hearn stick in recent interviews. It is amazing though how mindset changes when you just expect something, and it sounds so much better when it doesn't happen and something far worse does.
Oh I agree. But if Joshua Whyte had been announced at Wembley, there would be criticism

Just put your hands up and say you were talking bollocks about the Whyte fight man

I'm happy to admit i was wrong, and it proves Joshua is an even bigger fraud for offering Whyte pittance because he didn't want the fight. Never did I expect him to dodge Whyte. Well done Eddie Hearn........ off to America to fight another bum and earn a fortune. They want absolutely nothing to do with the very best.

I'm happy to admit i was wrong, and it proves Joshua is an even bigger fraud for offering Whyte pittance because he didn't want the fight. Well done Eddie Hearn........ off to America to fight another bum and earn a fortune
Unless he had got Wilder or Fury, he would have been criticised.

It’s a shit fight, we all agree

But both those two are busy. So he can’t please anyone. If his next fight isn’t one of them, I think everyone will agree

But both those two are busy. So he can’t please anyone. If his next fight isn’t one of them, I think everyone will agree
I think the main reason for the criticism he is getting is because the main reason Wilder fight never happened was: A. They were too difficult to get a deal to make the fight - proved wrong by Warren/Fury making their fight so easy and B. They wanted the fight here in the UK as he said if anyone wants these belts they’ve got to come here to get them - now he’s going to fight some plodder on the US to defend his belts.

Last edited:

He would still have got stick for fighting Whyte, but realistically he's the best available fight. He's improved a lot since the 1st fight. Jarrell Miller is just a whole new level of shit. He might aswell give Charles Martin a rematch rather than fight this fat mess

Kept saying it was difficult to get a fight with Wilder.......... Fury organised it in 5 minutes. Offered Whyte absolute pittance after Whyte more than proved himself in his last 2 wins.......... Asks fans to pick his next opponent............... Ignores them and goes and fights Miller in America. Haway man, he's taking the piss. May as well fight David Price.

I think the main reason for the criticism he is getting is because the main reason Wilder fight never happened was a. They were too difficult to get a deal to make the fight - proved wrong by Warren/Fury making their fight so easy and b. They wanted the fight here in the UK as he said if anyone wants these belts they’ve got to come here to get them - now he’s going to fight some plodder on the US to defend his belts.
And it’s fair criticism

But also remember that Fury fought for a relative pittance, he was in a very different negotiating position. Why would Joshua as champion cave to all Wilders demands? It takes 2 to make a deal

Boxing is a business at the end of the day. He can't fight Wilder or Fury now because they're fighting each other so why risk fighting someone who has a chance of beating him in the meantime (like Whyte), potentially cocking up a massive pay day against Wilder/Fury? Fight someone shit, raise your profile in the States while you're at it, bank another few million and THEN fight Wilder/Fury which will have even more hype after their re-match. If his next fight after Miller isn't Wilder/Fury, then fair enough he would deserve the criticism but I can understand this move.

And it’s fair criticism

But also remember that Fury fought for a relative pittance, he was in a very different negotiating position. Why would Joshua as champion cave to all Wilders demands? It takes 2 to make a deal
If u want to be unified champion as much as he does you would do it, I get what your saying though, it’s all about money and cock waving to I should be getting more than him bollocks, don’t know why 2 fighters can’t just go in the ring and fight and take 50% each.

Back