Latest boxing crack

Can't believe people stayed up for that. It was a terrible mis-match.

Credit to Rocky for going toe to toe though. Mind, he couldn't keep away if he tried.

We can’t be surprised.
These mismatches have always happened in boxing.
Rocky was just pleased to be there, take his beating, pick up his life changing pay cheque and ride off into the sunset.

f***ing ridiculous that.

You're 5 inches taller, have about 6 inches in reach advantave so your game plan is stand flat footed and go toe to toe.

Awful stuff, night.
Because he was fighting at around 3 levels above his standard, canelo could have won whichever way he wanted.

Hopefully a nice payday that supersedes what rocky could have made with a few defences of his fake belt at the echo arena.

Did anyone really expect anything else?

You’re talking about one of the most talent fighters of recent times against someone who, let’s be honest, is barely European level.
Tidied

Aye and at least he gave it a go even though he knew he was completely outgunned
Ryan Garcia baby, I see the Oscar similarities now, great left hook, that upright sq shouldered style Oscar had, and fast pistons close up...

The lad he was fighting was an absolute heed the ball....imagine that fucker walking into Jackson’s.

Last edited:
Got a Sky boost price of 9/2 on rounds 1 to 3......Got a little nervous as the clock ticked down. Loved Rocky trying to go toe to toe but Alvarez is a savage accurate puncher.

1 in 10 chance :lol:

Now come on Keith... there’s back tracking and there’s this.
All about levels.... fair play to Fielding though. Almost an impossible fight to turn down with a career high purse.

It's nothing to do with back tracking. To have any chance at all at of making the fight remotely competitive a tall man with a huge reach advantage must try and use those advantages. I was absolutely stunned when he was standing completely flat footed in full range of the much shorter man. His team must be off there f***ing nut to come up with those tactics. It was nothing short of f***ing madness.

If he tried to jab and move, hit and not be hit, which is basically what boxing is about and then got beat than you hold your hands up. To try and mix it with the best pound for pound boxer who can take a punch and has devastating power in both hands was complete stupidity as it proved.

It's nothing to do with back tracking. To have any chance at all at of making the fight competitive a tall man with a huge reach advantage must try and use those advantages. I was absolutely stunned when he was standing completely flat footed in full range of the much shorter man. His team must be off there f***ing nut to come up with those tactics. It was nothing short of f***ing madness.

If he tried to jab and move, hit and not be hit, which is basically what boxing is about and then got beat than you hold your hands up. To try and mix it with the best pound for pound boxer who can take a punch and has devastating power in both hands was complete stupidity as it proved.

Mate, with respect, given how intuitive what you're saying is - it's more a case of Fielding couldn't do that.

Mate, with respect, given how intuitive what you're saying is - it's more a case of Fielding couldn't do that.

He didn't remotely try to box and move. They had 10 weeks to prepare. Get some quality smaller, stocky blokes in for sparring and for Rocky to try to jab their head off and use his feet.

It looked like they rocked up with no game plan at all and just came for a jolly. If that's what it was fair play, they have the money in the bank and alls good. But that was embarrassing for his trainers IMO.

We don't know Rocky's level really. He beat an unbeaten German in Germany to win a junior title. He's only been beaten by someone who is IMO easily the best super middleweight in world but time will tell on that too.

If he's schooled over a few rounds and stopped I'll hold my hands up. If my bet comes up they'll be humble pie all round :)

Just hold those holds up Keith lad :p.

He had no real right being in there, but he did and he'll get paid very very well, fought in arguably the most iconic arena in the world and can go back to British-Euro level, while Canelo can now technically call himself a three weight world champ, although in reality, that's bullshit as well.

One positive, at least it was just body shots rather than a brutal KO like Khan, but these mismatches badly need stamping out.

Ryan Garcia baby, I see the Oscar similarities now, great left hook, that upright sq shouldered style Oscar had, and fast pistons close up...

The lad he was fighting was an absolute heed the ball....imagine that fucker walking into Jackson’s.

Haven't seen his performance from last night yet but seen pretty much everything else of his pro career so far and he looks very good. Shown in his last fight prior to this morning that he can survive some tough moments and adjust as well which is a massive bonus for a young prospect.

He didn't remotely try to box and move. They had 10 weeks to prepare. Get some quality smaller, stocky blokes in for sparring and for Rocky to try to jab their head off and use his feet.

It looked like they rocked up with no game plan at all and just came for a jolly. If that's what it was fair play, they have the money in the bank and alls good. But that was embarrassing for his trainers IMO.

It's about levels. It's all well and good having the ideal game plan and visualising how Alvarez will be stood on his head missing aimlessly, but it's still Fielding v Alvarez. Maybe he/they opted to try and smother his work to take away his leverage, who knows.

That's not the way Fielding fights though and even if he had tried to do that the gap in ability is just so big that it would have been as equally ineffective

It's about levels. It's all well and good having the ideal game plan and visualising how Alvarez will be stood on his head missing aimlessly, but it's still Fielding v Alvarez. Maybe he/they opted to try and smother his work to take away his leverage, who knows.

As I said earlier in my football anology. In football there's mismatches all the time. However, the underdog manager still trys to come up with some tactics to negate the Man Cities of this world. Basically try to keep them at arms length and fight tooth and nail in a park the bus fashion.

They don't rock up with no real game plan at all or go out all guns blazing with an over attacking team and basically admit defeat before the off. Coming into the fight with those tactics is what Fielding and his team did. I thought a lot better of Jamie Moore prior to the fight.

That's not the way Fielding fights though and even if he had tried to do that the gap in ability is just so big that it would have been as equally ineffective

Joshua bored the arse off everyone in the Joseph Parker fight. He used his jab for 12 rounds and kept Parker at arms length. That's not how AJ fights but that is the tactic his team came up with for that fight.

Rocky's team came up with, stand competely flat footed, stand in range of a bloke with 6 inches less reach and get stuck in as he blasts away at you.

I'm sorry it was ridiculous for a man with obvious advantages of height and reach. If he tried to have a game plan and it failed fair enough. To have no game plan after a 10 week camp is an embarrassment to all concerned.

As I said earlier in my football anology. In football there's mismatches all the time. However, the underdog manager still trys to come up with some tactics to negate the Man Cities of this world. Basically try to keep them at arms length and fight tooth and nail in a park the bus fashion.

They don't rock up with no real game plan at all or go out all guns blazing with an over attacking team and basically admit defeat before the off. Coming into the fight with those tactics is what Fielding and his team did. I thought a lot better of Jamie Moore prior to the fight.

Football consists of an 11 man team playing at any one given time, boxing you're all alone with somebody coming to deliver potentially life changing/ending injuries. I'm sure his team worked very hard on a plan that he realised he couldn't execute.

You go on to compare Joshua to Fielding tactics... Boxing isn't as simple as tall man jab and move and small man try take his head off mate. Same way so many had all these flawless plans for Mayweather before realising that his distance, angles, feints etc are all on a level that they aren't used to and they'd end up boxing in a way that looked like they have no plan.

Back