Latest boxing crack

It's nothing to do with back tracking. To have any chance at all at of making the fight remotely competitive a tall man with a huge reach advantage must try and use those advantages. I was absolutely stunned when he was standing completely flat footed in full range of the much shorter man. His team must be off there f***ing nut to come up with those tactics. It was nothing short of f***ing madness.

If he tried to jab and move, hit and not be hit, which is basically what boxing is about and then got beat than you hold your hands up. To try and mix it with the best pound for pound boxer who can take a punch and has devastating power in both hands was complete stupidity as it proved.
Keith. Let it go marra. Levels, levels....at least being up close it was the body, at range I reckon canelo would have timed him with some brutal right hands and hooks. I actually think he took the least damage possible and got out with some cash.

All a bit silly, at least Hatton’s brother had a chance of going the distance....and Ryan had the speed and skills to take it a few rds.(12th)

Main thing is he didn’t get brutalised

Ps you don’t really believe someone as limited as rocky could really outbox Saul canelo alvarez do you??

Last edited:

Joshua bored the arse off everyone in the Joseph Parker fight. He used his jab for 12 rounds and kept Parker at arms length. That's not how AJ fights but that is the tactic his team came up with for that fight.

Rocky's team came up with, stand competely flat footed, stand in range of a bloke with 6 inches less reach and get stuck in as he blasts away at you.

I'm sorry it was ridiculous for a man with obvious advantages of height and reach. If he tried to have a game plan and it failed fair enough. To have no game plan after a 10 week camp is an embarrassment to all concerned.

Logon or register to see this image

Just hold those holds up Keith lad :p.

He had no real right being in there, but he did and he'll get paid very very well, fought in arguably the most iconic arena in the world and can go back to British-Euro level, while Canelo can now technically call himself a three weight world champ, although in reality, that's bullshit as well.

One positive, at least it was just body shots rather than a brutal KO like Khan, but these mismatches badly need stamping out.

At least Khan had a game plan, box n move, arguably ahead on the scoreboards before Canelo landed in the 2nd half and knocked him into next week. Last night was absolutely shite. No game plan and no real desire or belief he could win from Rocky. Can't believe I stopped up for that.

Joshua bored the arse off everyone in the Joseph Parker fight. He used his jab for 12 rounds and kept Parker at arms length. That's not how AJ fights but that is the tactic his team came up with for that fight.

Rocky's team came up with, stand competely flat footed, stand in range of a bloke with 6 inches less reach and get stuck in as he blasts away at you.

I'm sorry it was ridiculous for a man with obvious advantages of height and reach. If he tried to have a game plan and it failed fair enough. To have no game plan after a 10 week camp is an embarrassment to all concerned.

Joshua's a world class talent who has become an increasingly more intelligent fighter throughout his career but examples like that and Santa Cruz completely changing tack for the Frampton rematch are really rare even at world level, even more so for a fighter like Fielding who is European level at best.

Maybe Moore and his team tried that to start with a completely different plan and realised it wasn't working so thought that going as they had before was the lesser of 2 evils? Even at distance he'd have been worked out very quickly and the fight wouldn't have gone any longer than 3 or 4 rounds.

Funny enough, this is one of the shots I reckon he would've been eating if trying jab at Alvarez. He counters over the top of the left hand excellently.

At least Khan had a game plan, box n move, arguably ahead on the scoreboards before Canelo landed in the 2nd half and knocked him into next week. Last night was absolutely shite. No game plan and no real desire or belief he could win from Rocky. Can't believe I stopped up for that.

It's about levels.

People need to direct their frustrations towards the matchmakers and promoters. Fielding the last person deserving any stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll have to agree to disagree. I can't really believe anyone would look at the fight and believe Rocky and his team did anything other than get beat quick and take the money and run.

If he'd hit and run I'm not saying he wouldn't have still got beat but it was the only way to go and very oddly he / they didn't even try.

I can't believe you stopped up thinking it could be remotely competitive - it's 'Rocky from Stocky Fielding' vs Canelo FFS. ;)

I wasn't necessarily knocking Khan there. I didn't think that fight should have happened due either due to the size difference, but he did box well until the stoppage. However, Khan is a much much better boxer than Fielding and has skills, speed, amateur pedigree and a very good resume.

My point was, Fielding is very very limited, was never, ever going to win and it, so from his POV, he can come away, be made for life, go back to his normal level (could probably retire now if he wanted to) and bar a few sore ribs, still have his senses in tact and less potential repercussions than if he was repeatedly hit to the head and brutally KO'd.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I can't really believe anyone would look at the fight and believe Rocky and his team did anything other than get beat quick and take the money and run.

If he'd hit and run I'm not saying he wouldn't have still got beat but it was the only way to go and very oddly he / they didn't even try.

Have you boxed or coached boxing? If not it would explain the bolded, because that's pretty ignorant and disrespectful to suggest mate.

Disagree, he tried what he believed was his only hope....

Not much humble pie yet Keith ;)

Have you boxed or coached boxing? If not it would explain the bolded, because that's pretty ignorant and disrespectful to suggest mate.

I played school and Sunday morning football, strangely I still have an opinion on professional football. I trained for 6 months at Sunderland ABC and have watched boxing for 40 odd years. I have my own thoughts and they are neither disrespectful or ignorant.

I mentioned much earlier in the thread about Rocky 'jabbing his head off'. It is the only tactic a bigger, taller but far less talented man could try to use. Except of course they didn't.

I played school and Sunday morning football, strangely I still have an opinion on professional football. I trained for 6 months at Sunderland ABC and have watched boxing for 40 odd years. I have my own thoughts and they are neither disrespectful or ignorant.

I mentioned much earlier in the thread about Rocky 'jabbing his head off'. It is the only tactic a bigger, taller but far less talented man could try to use. Except of course they didn't.

You keep making ridiculous comparisons to football. I'm not suggesting you can't have an opinion on boxing unless you've boxed, rather that your specific comment that I bolded is one that you probably wouldn't make had you boxed.

He stopped trying to jab because he kept getting digged to the body .After the first knockdown he was obviously hurt and changed to toe to toe.

Khan is a proper arsewipe like. Completely deluded.

Both him and Brook have fucked their own legacies by looking for one specific fight each. Mayweather and Khan respectively.

Back