Latest boxing crack

That's why I can't stand him. He's taken so much money away from the people who put it on the line and fight in the ring.

If people prefer hearing some bloke talk over a higher quality undercard fight,, they shouldn't have gone in the first place
Tbf he made the main chunk of his money through his own shrewd efforts

Came up with the ‘lets Get ready to rumble’
And fought to get it trademarked...fair play like. Made ridiculous money since...

Appreciate he’ll still get a huge flat fee, but he and couple of his peers like jimmy Lennon jr almost give credibility to the big cards, you expect it.

And fought to get it trademarked...fair play like. Made ridiculous money since...

Appreciate he’ll still get a huge flat fee, but he and couple of his peers like jimmy Lennon jr almost give credibility to the big cards, you expect it.
It's that type of thinking that means undercards have to be crap because there's no money to pay for them, as buffer costs a over a hundred grand after expenses.

Noticed that quite a few boxing people on Twitter agreed with Avanesyan's manager saying that Booth and Kelly's behaviour during fight week had been a disgrace behind the scenes. Does seem likely that he's had a really bad camp for whatever reason

To be honest, Booth has likely just tried to make the best of whatever unfortunate circumstances have been present in camp. It looks snakey and whatever else, but the likelihood is that Kelly, being a fighter, probably wanted to fight despite issues and Booth has tried to reduce the rounds etc to help him get through.

It's shite timing but it's probably just been an absolute last resort. Cutting weight can be grim at the best of times, nevermind when ill. Your body just fights against the cut.

Noticed that quite a few boxing people on Twitter agreed with Avanesyan's manager saying that Booth and Kelly's behaviour during fight week had been a disgrace behind the scenes. Does seem likely that he's had a really bad camp for whatever reason

His bird has had a kid in the last few weeks so his head might not have been in the game. Hearn has said it is to be rescheduled ASAP

This...

To be honest, Booth has likely just tried to make the best of whatever unfortunate circumstances have been present in camp. It looks snakey and whatever else, but the likelihood is that Kelly, being a fighter, probably wanted to fight despite issues and Booth has tried to reduce the rounds etc to help him get through.

It's shite timing but it's probably just been an absolute last resort. Cutting weight can be grim at the best of times, nevermind when ill. Your body just fights against the cut.

Didn't think there was anything in it at first until I seen the likes of Stefy Bull and Bunce liking the tweet that Avanesyan's manager put out slating the pair of them but on the other hand Booth is probably likely to err on the side of caution more than usual given what happened to Burnett the other week plus I can't imagine him being particularly popular amongst the old boys club of British boxing

Also on about Booth/Kelly, after seeing Brook's performance last night you can see exactly why Booth has been saying he'd quite happily make a fight with either one of Khan or Brook now. Hopefully he comes through Avanesyan in a scheduled rematch then go for one of them

Didn't think there was anything in it at first until I seen the likes of Stefy Bull and Bunce liking the tweet that Avanesyan's manager put out slating the pair of them but on the other hand Booth is probably likely to err on the side of caution more than usual given what happened to Burnett the other week plus I can't imagine him being particularly popular amongst the old boys club of British boxing

Also on about Booth/Kelly, after seeing Brook's performance last night you can see exactly why Booth has been saying he'd quite happily make a fight with either one of Khan or Brook now. Hopefully he comes through Avanesyan in a scheduled rematch then go for one of them

I've always liked Booth for how he looks after his fighters, but aye, I get that impression about Booth and the old boys.

I think given what happened to Stevenson last week that people should be hesitant to complain. If anything, people need to direct the frustration towards Hearn for the card he put on.

I'm sure Kelly would've fought if they thought it was sensible to do so and his next chance he'll come and do the business.

Maybe in the past, but what's he doing at a half full Sheffield Arena card for a tune up main event against a stripper?

The Tyson/Douglas 30 for 30 episode being released on Tuesday night in the US, will probably be available to stream here by Wednesday night. Can't wait

The Tyson/Douglas 30 for 30 episode being released on Tuesday night in the US, will probably be available to stream here by Wednesday night. Can't wait

Wonder if they cover the fact he only ended up with 15k for beating Tyson. It never really gets a mention

Think lightweight is definitely Lomachenko's limit in terms of weight, he's looked a fair bit smaller than both Linares and Pedraza and would have probably fancied Mikey to beat him if he'd stayed at 135 and the fight could have been made

It's that type of thinking that means undercards have to be crap because there's no money to pay for them, as buffer costs a over a hundred grand after expenses.
No mate. They are generally crap because they are generally crap...nothing new with boxing , in my 30 year following it it’s the exception like.

100k for last night. What source mate?

Been some brilliant fights in 2018 like:

Golovkin vs Canelo
Wilder vs Ortiz
Wilder vs Fury
Lara vs Hurd
Chisora vs Takam
Usyk vs Briedis
Gassiev vs Dorticos
Valdez vs Quigg
Whyte vs Parker
Linares vs Lomachenko
Munguia vs Smith
Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko
Rungvisai vs Estrada

Probably a few other obvious ones I've missed as well

I would have thought Buffer would be on a contract of some sort with the amount of shows he does for matchroon rather than one off fees

Think he's on an exclusive contract with them nowadays. He was great in his pomp but Lennon Jr is a much better announcer these days, still has a big fight feel when he's MC whereas Buffer gets churned out for any old shit now

Back