Latest boxing crack

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Toronado, Feb 4, 2017.

1. prehab26

prehab26 Striker

I don't see him getting back down to it TBH.

Aye. I don't think it will ever get to a point where it's solid. Not now, he is 31 isn't he ? He squares far to often and it's a KO when he gets caught clean. He won't be able to avoid brook for 12 rounds and when a hook lads he will melt

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. PTR

PTR Striker

To be fair to him, he takes shots quite well.
    The one that put him down last night was a monster, and he popped straight up - wobbly, but still.

Its that he gets clipped FAR too often, rather than having a weak chin.

Idlewild Mackem and Discopants91 like this.
  3. prehab26

prehab26 Striker

It's not weak but it's certainly not great. The issue is when someone connects it always seems to be clean and on the button. Doesn't seem to ride them or take the sting out.

Idlewild Mackem and PTR like this.
  4. RichD

RichD Striker

that's the real problem with Khan, he leaves his chin out there to be hit. He really hasn't changed his style since Prescot did a number on him. Plus I think He knows he really can't stand with the big hitting welterweights out there now, so he's trying to tout himself fight a nearly 40yrs old Manny Pacquiao. At least fighting brook would give him some credibility...

PTR likes this.
  5. ErichZann

ErichZann Winger

Now the weekend is over and the next weekend is approaching......haway GGG....don't let the judges decide!!

6. Titus

Titus Winger

I didn't have a particular 'side' in the first match, but I want to see Alvarez beaten up this time.

7. Maravilla

Maravilla Striker

Costello and Bunce both saying on this weeks podcast that Khan should retire

PTR likes this.
  8. PTR

PTR Striker

Well he certainly didn't look fit enough, and he definitely hasn't even tried to improve his defence..

RichD likes this.
  9. Spot on assessment tbf.
    Khan sounds punchy these days and nowhere near as sharp when in his pomp. Not a chance he’ll pack in mind....needs a big cash out fight or two.

10. JimHep

JimHep Midfield

Going to be interesting to see how
    Canelo is without the juice. Hope
    Triple G stops him

11. PTR

PTR Striker

You really believe he's off?

12. RichD

RichD Striker

I thought triple G won the first fight by 3 rounds. However father time is catching up with him now. I just hope he's got one big performance left in him..

Batdad, Motor City Cobra and PTR like this.
  13. JimHep

JimHep Midfield

Same, in thought he just knicked it.
    Really hope he flattens him :lol:

I’d say so yeah.

PTR and RichD like this.
  14. prehab26

prehab26 Striker

Agree.

Motor City Cobra and PTR like this.
  15. TheBronzeBummer

TheBronzeBummer Goalkeeper

Cracking card announced for 27th October.

Sky Sports, Eddie Hearn show.

Ryder vs Sirotkin. Undefeated Russian that the WBA have offered up to fight for a shot at the belt Groves currently holds.
    Craig Richards vs Jake Ball - good fight between two fighters that have suffered defeat, but this one could decide who goes on to the next level.
    Cheeseman vs Asinia Byfield - everyone knows about Cheeseman, he’s solid at this level. Byfield should be a tricky customer with his style and weird physique. British title fight.
    Isaac Chamberlain vs Luke Watkins - both coming off defeats to Okolie, but like the Richards/Ball fight in that, the loser will probably be stuck in limbo, and the winner can movie forward and maybe fight for a title.
    Jordan Gill vs Commonwealth champ Ryan Doyle - could well be the pick of the bunch given the Doyle/Bellotti fight earlier this year. Gill got a lot to prove.

Felix Cash and Reece Bellotti on the card too.

Type of boxing show I live for. Domestic 50/50’s through the card.

16. Canny like , but I live for ggg giving the cheating twat a good hiding on Sunday morning.

Idlewild Mackem likes this.
  17. TheBronzeBummer

TheBronzeBummer Goalkeeper

I would but I feel disheartened by Canelo’s apparent immunity. He shouldn’t have been gifted a draw, so it makes it doubtful in my mind that GGG will get the win. Alvarez is also a great boxer, so he could win fair, but it’d still be sour to me.

Motor City Cobra likes this.
  18. Remind me who he fought a couple of fights ago?

19. PTR

PTR Striker

Apparently there are some pictures going around showing how Canelo has lost muscle mass since the last fight, but I can't find them - anyone seen it?

20. RichD

RichD Striker

Do you mean Khan vs Garcia ?