Latest boxing crack

i know Eubank isnt the biggest puncher at his natural weight, but a 9 pound jump for Benn and with the height difference would expect him to bully Benn round the ring.
Eubank never really looked like being stopped (even when Groves dominated him) and id expect him to be close to his natural fighting weight come the bell.

When you remove the names, it's an absolutely ridiculous fight to make. Obviously because of the names and it being a no lose for either side, it's obviously making sense £ wise. I don't think Eubank has ever been that weight as a professional, he's going to be fucked, especially with what sounds like tight rehydration limit. All Benn has to do is just not water cut for the fight in the last week. It's a big test for him regardless mind, as Eubank is still a big step up on anybody he's faced and is the naturally bigger bloke with a solid chin (how much of that he can maintain making the weight is to be seen)

Last edited by a moderator:

When you remove the names, it's an absolutely ridiculous fight to make. Obviously because of the names and it being a no lose for either side, it's obviously making sense £ wise. I don't think Eubank has ever been that weight as a professional, he's going to be fucked, especially with what sounds like tight rehydration limit. All Benn has to do is just not water cut for the fight in the last week. It's a big test for him regardless mind, as Eubank is still a big step up on anybody he's faced and is the naturally bigger bloke with a solid chin (how much of that he can maintain making the weight is to be seen)
I hope we see the eubank pre Roy Jones, could be an immense 3 or 4 rds....

Guess its fight week !!

Not sure what i think about how it goes, i still dont see Joshua winning but think he’s got a good chance if he’s improved his foot speed, game plan and body punching

Will be interesting to see the weigh in Joshua’s looking quite light maybe high 230’s or low 240’s and Usyk maybe come upto high 220’s !!

Could be an interesting or a repeat plain and simple

Guess its fight week !!

Not sure what i think about how it goes, i still dont see Joshua winning but think he’s got a good chance if he’s improved his foot speed, game plan and body punching

Will be interesting to see the weigh in Joshua’s looking quite light maybe high 230’s or low 240’s and Usyk maybe come upto high 220’s !!

Could be an interesting or a repeat plain and simple
Some of the stuff Joshua's coming out with is odd like. As though he is trying to convince himself he is good enough to win rather than actually believing it. I'm looking forward to it like.

Joshua will be going for a 4-5 round all out, win or bust imo.
Usyk, i just dont know if he risks picking up where he left off against a fresh Joshua or repeats the 1st fight and tries to wear Joshua down.

I’m going Usyk.

Joshua looks a busted flush to me. He can bang, but he can’t box. And he really can’t take a punch. It’s not that he goes down, he just looks absolutely petrified as soon as he takes a clean shot

Not judging, it’s a hard sport
Genuinely think the klitschko knockdown took all his confidence away in his chin with that heavy knockdown, then the Ruiz fight happened a little later on, hes got gunshy in his last few fights

Genuinely think the klitschko knockdown took all his confidence away in his chin with that heavy knockdown, then the Ruiz fight happened a little later on, hes got gunshy in his last few fights
Not playing the pity card and i know Pulev was past it but i think had the ref stopped it as he should have in the 3rd round Joshua may have got some confidence back about him cause that would have been the quickest anyone would have had stopped him !

If he is lighter i cant figure his game plan cause he wont out box Usyk maybe if he’s quick enough to punch with or counter than he’ll score but like its been said i would have had him 245 ish n hit the body early then move up to the head later in the fight

Is Johnny Nelson the worst pundit in any sport?

Reckons he'd smash Usyk if they were around at the same time
Reckons AJ will smash Usyk
Put Shields ahead of Serrano, Marshall and Taylor for best woman boxer of all time.

Is this **** in some sort of alternative universe like.

Don't get me wrong I'm fond a controversial opinion or 2 (ahem) but this fucker taking the piss aint he :D

Not playing the pity card and i know Pulev was past it but i think had the ref stopped it as he should have in the 3rd round Joshua may have got some confidence back about him cause that would have been the quickest anyone would have had stopped him !

If he is lighter i cant figure his game plan cause he wont out box Usyk maybe if he’s quick enough to punch with or counter than he’ll score but like its been said i would have had him 245 ish n hit the body early then move up to the head later in the fight
Firing McCracken is a big mistake imo, always seems to do better in rematches - Kessler, Groves, Ruiz (i know he didnt have the 1st fight iirc)

Ffs man. You’ll start another f***ing debate

Bruno. You can fuck right off and Hatton? Wtf marra

Calzaghe beats Eubank and Benn in ther best nights. He had a plan a b c and d. A brilliantly adaptable fighter.
Wish joe had gone looking for bigger fights though. Padded the resume with two names right at the end, but both far from their peaks.

He was brilliant, but could have gone down as one of the best ever if he'd pushed harder for bigger fights.
What time is the Joshua v usyk fight on?
Dunno but I'm on a stag in York, so I'm probably not going to get to watch it live.

Wish joe had gone looking for bigger fights though. Padded the resume with two names right at the end, but both far from their peaks.

He was brilliant, but could have gone down as one of the best ever if he'd pushed harder for bigger fights.

Dunno but I'm on a stag in York, so I'm probably not going to get to watch it live.
Should have went to America earlier like.
What time is the Joshua v usyk fight on?
Ringwalks around 10:30pm

Last edited:

But he didnt.....
Jesus man, just give Joshua a ring and see if he will let ya give him a nosh....your love for him is embarrassing

Back