Latest boxing crack

Eddies terrified of him I think. Would be a brutal, brutal fight.

In other news, the WBC have ruled that the Fury-Whyte fight is now 80/20 purse split.

I cannot see Whyte sharing the ring with Fury, for that split.
Maybe it will go to purse bids and a deal will be reached at the final hurdle, possibly 30% max? Whyte pushing for 45% apparently.

I seen talk of Helenius v Fury in Manchester, earlier in the week. Absolute joke if it's something like that, which it likely will be :(

Even if Whyte gets 25% its easily 2.5 million....
The kind of purse that at most other weights is huge...for UK title challengers anyway.

2.5m would be not even close to his highest pay day and after fees and tax would be under 1m - not great for fighting a fellow Brit for heavyweight title. Even with a shit split, he will likely get a decent pay day with purse bids. I haven't fully kept up with it but seemed like they were trying to mandate a lower split than he deserves

2.5m would be not even close to his highest pay day and after fees and tax would be under 1m - not great for fighting a fellow Brit for heavyweight title. Even with a shit split, he will likely get a decent pay day with purse bids. I haven't fully kept up with it but seemed like they were trying to mandate a lower split than he deserves

What would near to the norm?
70/30?

10% set aside for winner
63% champ
27% mandatory

Meant to be more for interim

However, there's a whole lot of words like 'discression' and phrases like 'in certain instances', so it's open to be wormed out of.

Can't see why they're looking to fuck Whyte off tbf.....nothing else stands out if the Usyk Joshua rematch is on.

Can't see why they're looking to fuck Whyte off tbf.....nothing else stands out if the Usyk Joshua rematch is on.

Rather disappointingly, Fury (or his promotional team), have a very rigid risk:reward that they're sticking to, that seemingly doesn't involve fighting many top challengers outside of AJ or Wilder.

WBC are just dodgy as fuck.

People will hammer Whyte over not accepting a shit offer. Don't blame him at all for holding out. WBC will probably announce he'll be stripped of his mandatory status if he doesn't fight by March arbitration date :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather disappointingly, Fury (or his promotional team), have a very rigid risk:reward that they're sticking to, that seemingly doesn't involve fighting many top challengers outside of AJ or Wilder.
This will be Fury's legacy in the end - he didn't fight the top contenders much. To date, he's never defended the HW title iirc.

Back