Latest boxing crack

I am being 100% serious, Whyte was on top, if you stopped the fight in round 5 then Whyte wins. However they were flash knockdowns and could see Povetkin sizing him up.
They were flash knockdowns - but they weren't out of nowhere, they were entirely in-keeping with the way the fight was going. Pov's flash knockout on the other hand was a 1 in a 1000.

I am being 100% serious, Whyte was on top, if you stopped the fight in round 5 then Whyte wins. However they were flash knockdowns and could see Povetkin sizing him up.

I agree tbf.

Was obvious from the very beginning when the commentators were hammering Povetkin for what be wasn't doing on the inside, that it was deliberately. Everything was thrown loopy or wide to the body. Anyone who's ever seen Povetkin fight knew he was going to try and bring in the uppercut eventually. Conversely, Whyte has been knocked out and hurt by uppercuts before.

Whyte was winning the fight widely on the cards, but I was baffled by what the commentators were seeing at the time.
That’s the first time I’ve heard being put on your arse as a way of sizing the opposition up .

He was absolutely doing it. He's old and got caught, but he knew what he was doing.

I agree tbf.

Was obvious from the very beginning when the commentators were hammering Povetkin for what be wasn't doing on the inside, that it was deliberately. Everything was thrown loopy or wide to the body. Anyone who's ever seen Povetkin fight knew he was going to try and bring in the uppercut eventually. Conversely, Whyte has been knocked out and hurt by uppercuts before.

Whyte was winning the fight widely on the cards, but I was baffled by what the commentators were seeing at the time.

He was absolutely doing it. He's old and got caught, but he knew what he was doing.
Of course Povetkin had a plan which in the end worked out for him but Ceverton is describing a fight that didn’t happen . Whyte was well on top at the time of the knockdown, was boxing well and there only looked like one winner . Ceveton describes Whyte as a big clobbering heavyweight who was being out skilled, that was just not true

Are you serious? Whyte was ripping him apart. 2 knockdowns and vastly out-landing.
It wasn't a lucky punch, you're right - but it was something he shouldn't have walked on to - but something that happens all the time in HW boxing. Even Lennox walked onto the occasional one.

he walked into the occasional one twice ;)

Of course Povetkin had a plan which in the end worked out for him but Ceverton is describing a fight that didn’t happen . Whyte was well on top at the time of the knockdown, was boxing well and there only looked like one winner . Ceveton describes Whyte as a big clobbering heavyweight who was being out skilled, that was just not true

Whyte was ahead and in a good position to put it beyond doubt, but he still looked vulnerable to getting sparked all the way through and was far from putting on a master class.

Povetkin is undoubtedly the better technical boxer. The key thing Whyte had to do was stop Povetkin getting in to any sort of rhythm, because he's dangerous regardless of age due to how methodical he is with his attacks and set ups.

Whyte was ahead and in a good position to put it beyond doubt, but he still looked vulnerable to getting sparked all the way through and was far from putting on a master class.

Povetkin is undoubtedly the better technical boxer. The key thing Whyte had to do was stop Povetkin getting in to any sort of rhythm, because he's dangerous regardless of age due to how methodical he is with his attacks and set ups.
Looking forward to the rematch. Wouldn’t put a penny on the outcome mind .

That’s the first time I’ve heard being put on your arse as a way of sizing the opposition up .
Obviously he was caught a few times, but you could see him looking for a way in. Did you watch the fight or just highlights? Sounds like the latter

This. Could see he was bigger, dominant on the inside and when he threw he was in charge. However he always was vulnerable like you said, Povetkin despite his age/size getting him knocked down twice, could clearly see he had confidence in himself to find the opening he found.

Last edited:
I agree tbf.

Glad you could see it too mate. Not saying at any stage Whyte was not favourite or winning, infact when he threw some bodyshots from the outside he was looking really good. However Povetkin was probing, he was looking at the looping hooks and there was always a chance he would do what he did the more the fight went on.

Glad you could see it too mate. Not saying at any stage Whyte was not favourite or winning, infact when he threw some bodyshots from the outside he was looking really good. However Povetkin was probing, he was looking at the looping hooks and there was always a chance he would do what he did the more the fight went on.

I'm not really sure what you said that was too controversial. Whyte lost that fight by playing to Povetkin's strengths. He's more than capable of, and infact should be comfortably beating Povetkin. But what you said was fair summary.

Whyte is just a big clobbering heavyweight, it was plain to see Povetkin was streets ahead in skill when they fought. Annoys me when people say it was one punch, Povetkin was looking and working out a way in throughout, was always going to happen unless Whyte used his physicality to stop him beforehand.

Look at the way Whyte comes back out of distance
, he looks like a slow 6 year old doing an impression of a turtle.

Fairly accurate. He often ends up off balance from throwing jabs and ends up doing 360 spins when he misses.

Povetkin definitely had a good technical plan that everybody was giving credit to Whyte for, during the fight. Don't think there can be many arguments that despite him being behind in the fight he is still a better technical fighter than Whyte. He's just old as fuck.

Absolutely true.

True again, slow and doesn't double jab enough. Comes out of range with his hands over his face inviting pressure because he's a 'body snatcher' and big lump. Really needs to learn to be more consistent with his long arse jab.

Met a geordie lad out here in Bahrain ex squaddy and boxer, he now heads up the countries national boxing team working for the government, with a remit to getting them in the olympics.
Really nice lad.
Just saying like.

The second they had a "one-off, just this time" rise of PPV cost to £25, it was IMMEDIATEALY £25 every time.
I don't know why people didn't see this straight away.
I'll not be buying it and seriously people need to stop as the greedy twats will keep on taking the piss.

Back