Latest boxing crack

Even before the withdrawals it was poor, but this must be the worst Sky PPV undercard for some time. Doubt I'll even bother trying to find a stream before 9pm.

Covid or not, when your main event 'character' has 9 defeats, and no real obvious standout win on his record, you need far more than that supporting it.

Even before the withdrawals it was poor, but this must be the worst Sky PPV undercard for some time. Doubt I'll even bother trying to find a stream before 9pm.

Covid or not, when your main event 'character' has 9 defeats, and no real obvious standout win on his record, you need far more than that supporting it.
I do generally enjoy your posts on the whole about boxing but fuck me you love to whinge about PPV events :lol:

Agreed. It's a borderline PPV at best anyway. You'd think there would be loads of fighters dying to get on a ppv card at the moment?

I think he should be fave but not at this price

He can be and does get hit. So I sort of agree tbh. He should absolutely be favourite and technically and stylistically he should be by far the favourite, but is Chisora enough of a task in Usyk's mind for him to be switched on from the off? Can imagine Chisora trying to hammer the body of Usyk early on.

Anybody else see Bellew's face at the presser? He was not happy :lol:. "What do you say to those who think you don't hit hard enough"... "Ask Tony Bellew"

Last edited by a moderator:
He can be and does get hit. So I sort of agree tbh. He should absolutely be favourite and technically and stylistically he should be by far the favourite, but is Chisora enough of a task in Usyk's mind for him to be switched on from the off? Can imagine Chisora trying to hammer the body of Usyk early on.

Anybody else see Bellew's face at the presser? He was not happy :lol:. "What do you say to those who think you don't hit hard enough"... "Ask Tony Bellew"

Bellew has picked a Chisora KO......he's not bitter mind.

He's not a heavyweight basically

I'm undecided. The injuries he's had I'm not sure can hold up to a step up in weight. He's beat up Joyce, supposedly embarrassed Wlad in sparring (take with pinch of salt) and will have sparred countless world class heavies. I'm just not sure a 34 year old cruiser with recurring injuries can handle getting ragged about in clinches and such by the real super heavys. Not sure Del is the one to really expose any potential issues there, but I agree regarding the odds.

The thing which has made me second guess the obvious outcome, is that Tony Bellew has changed his mind after spending time with Chisora this week, he seems to have seen something that is going to cause Usyk bother.

Eh?

In that case neither was Holyfield.
I'm undecided. The injuries he's had I'm not sure can hold up to a step up in weight. He's beat up Joyce, supposedly embarrassed Wlad in sparring (take with pinch of salt) and will have sparred countless world class heavies. I'm just not sure a 34 year old cruiser with recurring injuries can handle getting ragged about in clinches and such by the real super heavys. Not sure Del is the one to really expose any potential issues there, but I agree regarding the odds.

Weight isn't an issue for Usyk....didn't bother Holyfield for example.
As you say his age and injury problems are the negatives.
The thing which has made me second guess the obvious outcome, is that Tony Bellew has changed his mind after spending time with Chisora this week, he seems to have seen something that is going to cause Usyk bother.

Bellew has seen fuck all imo. He's bitter as fuck he was stopped by Usyk.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the numbers, but Usky looks bigger than Tyson. No smaller than Holyfield etc. Maybe bigger than Wilder?
Still HW is a strange one, usually 7lbs is a new weight class, but you can be 5x that different in HW.

Back