Lambton Estate development

I just don't think there's much demand for them. Outside of London & big city centres, as they're very difficult to sell. Round here, usually end up being rental properties, and if you're buying a new build you don't want a load of renters on the estate. So having flats on the estate could put off some buyers & could even devalue other properties.
We have just done a block in Ponteland and will potentially do more on other sites but it depends on the development really.
If you need an amount of affordable homes on a site they can be a good way to achieve it if you do them properly.
We did some in Alnwick and the holiday let money the owners can pull in is nuts, 700 a week in a lot of cases.

Indeed. All one of them will be peeved. Looks like the majority of the properties are still unsold.

No I mean the old houses that lie deep in the estate. There’s people who live there to avoid the public. Now they’ve got them walking past every day
Who wants to visit a housing estate
Rather go to the tip

It’s far from a housing estate. About 2% of the estate has housing on it. It’s absolutely massive and parts of it have never been open to the public ever before. In fact it’s been closed to the public in it entirely almost for about 40 years

Last edited:
No I mean the old houses that lie deep in the estate. There’s people who live there to avoid the public. Now they’ve got them walking past every day

It’s far from a housing estate. About 2% of the estate has housing on it. It’s absolutely massive and parts of it have never been open to the public ever before. In fact it’s been closed to the public in it entirely almost for about 40 years
Watch out for the lions

£445k for a semi that doesn't even have a garage. I reckon I could probably spend £20k on getting a 4th bedroom in the loft like this one, and mine would be a similar size (and has a garage) but still less than half the price. Those prices are just mental, if it was in the south east fair enough, but up here I mean ha'way!!!

Interesting to see that is now £395k down from the £445k you quoted here in Feb. Big reduction that but it'll have to fall further. Prices on these are just mind-boggling for what they are and where.

Looks like they've sold 5 houses with another 5 reserved. I thought the Seaburn ones were big prices but at least they are on the coast with pubs, restaurants and cafes on your doorstep.

Interesting to see that is now £395k down from the £445k you quoted here in Feb. Big reduction that but it'll have to fall further. Prices on these are just mind-boggling for what they are and where.

Looks like they've sold 5 houses with another 5 reserved. I thought the Seaburn ones were big prices but at least they are on the coast with pubs, restaurants and cafes on your doorstep.
Personally, I think another £50/70k meds to come off them. Durham they’d get that money but I just don’t see it there. As lovely as the houses look.

Personally, I think another £50/70k meds to come off them. Durham they’d get that money but I just don’t see it there. As lovely as the houses look.

I agree. No way is that anything over a £225-230 sqft location at the very most. And that’s taking into account the benefit of being on the estate. Wanting upwards of £270 sqft is madness for Shiney Row/Bournmoor.

18 out of 24 available sold down Seaburn now.

Back