Lambton Estate development

It is steep, no denying it. But I wanted an apartment, I don’t want a big house, and not many new build developments have apartments. It’s convenient for where I want to be in terms of who I want to be near/close to and I’m 56 so I’m buying it to live in forever not to think about selling and moving on in the future.
I also think that when the retail area opens with shops and cafes etc, it will a nice place to live.
It just ticks the boxes for me.
You don't need the retail area man, 10 minute stroll and your at shiney shops, what more can you need!
Pizza box and village spice are very nice.

Looks nice, but I'd be cautious.

In gosforth they built hundreds of houses at Great Park with similar artists impressions of country living and a cafe society.

As the houses didn't sell as well as they thought, no one took up the options of the cafes and shops, so they're all empty and unfinished.
The developers just want too much for the leases for the units and retailers just wont pay it.

Seems like a great place once it's done like.
Can only hope it happens. But I accept there is the possibility of the scenario you mention

Not sure about the boards finest female member, but Ive bought an apartment. At least I’m in the process of buying one
Ask for a discount ? From what reading on here the estate is vastly over priced ? You haven’t legally committed yet so worth a try

Looks nice, but I'd be cautious.

In gosforth they built hundreds of houses at Great Park with similar artists impressions of country living and a cafe society.

As the houses didn't sell as well as they thought, no one took up the options of the cafes and shops, so they're all empty and unfinished.
The developers just want too much for the leases for the units and retailers just wont pay it.

Seems like a great place once it's done like.
Great Park has been a cluster fuck of a development, one of the big problems for a long time was that none of the highways or sewers were adopted. Developers built stuff that was more expensive than they first said apparently, this then lead to dispute with the council who couldn’t afford or didn’t want to have responsibility for the higher spec builds. For a long long time sewerage was being tankered off this site iirc.

Great Park has been a cluster fuck of a development, one of the big problems for a long time was that none of the highways or sewers were adopted. Developers built stuff that was more expensive than they first said apparently, this then lead to dispute with the council who couldn’t afford or didn’t want to have responsibility for the higher spec builds. For a long long time sewerage was being tankered off this site iirc.
Be cack bowsers trundling through shiney on a daily basis.

Back