Lambton Estate development

You're right about the lack of apartments in new build areas. They seemed to stop building them at some point in the 2000s.

Hope your move goes well and you enjoy your new home.

I just don't think there's much demand for them. Outside of London & big city centres, as they're very difficult to sell. Round here, usually end up being rental properties, and if you're buying a new build you don't want a load of renters on the estate. So having flats on the estate could put off some buyers & could even devalue other properties.

I just don't think there's much demand for them. Outside of London & big city centres, as they're very difficult to sell. Round here, usually end up being rental properties, and if you're buying a new build you don't want a load of renters on the estate. So having flats on the estate could put off some buyers & could even devalue other properties.
I would certainly agree. Just don't think it's part of the English culture. An Englishman's home etc.

I checked sold prices on Rightmove recently and some of the apartments had reduced by 2/3rds in 15 years. Taking inflation into account that's a helluva loss.

I was waiting on the roundabout yesterday due to temporary traffic lights. Had a good neb at the ones that have been built and they do look smart like.

Loads of new builds in Sunderland south.

Barratts and David Wilson building on Cherry Knowles
Bellway building Burdon Rise
Miller's building Potters Hill
Permission are going to start building in Silksworth aswell

Loads of new builds in Sunderland south.

Barratts and David Wilson building on Cherry Knowles
Bellway building Burdon Rise
Miller's building Potters Hill
Permission are going to start building in Silksworth aswell
Where’s persimmon plot ?

They are impressive when you get up close to them mind. Cracking finish aswell.
The finish was shocking imo when I went to look at the show home. For the price your paying up here you want the screw heads lined up on the light switches. What I saw was plaster so thin you could see the outline of the metal strips on the corners.

The finish was shocking imo when I went to look at the show home. For the price your paying up here you want the screw heads lined up on the light switches. What I saw was plaster so thin you could see the outline of the metal strips on the corners.
I can’t fit a socket or switch without lining the screw heads up. I’m happy this is a thing. 😂

I can’t fit a socket or switch without lining the screw heads up. I’m happy this is a thing. 😂
Aye I'm an awkward fucker too. But for the money that's the attention to detail I'd expect. Other thing I noticed in the show home, was the kitchen island/breakfast bar looked great till you sat down and the sink and fridge became unaccessible while someone was sitting.

Back