Lambton Estate development

I agree. No way is that anything over a £225-230 sqft location at the very most. And that’s taking into account the benefit of being on the estate. Wanting upwards of £270 sqft is madness for Shiney Row/Bournmoor.
Aye the area has been hyped up, there’s nowt much there

Original plan was for 460 homes - looking like a big ask in the current climate.

They were supposed to get more expensive the further into the estate the houses go. The original plans were for the houses deep into the estates to be ‘a better version of wynyard hall estate’ was what I was told of someone in the know. Can’t see them shifting the first batch at the prices they’ve set.
Aye the area has been hyped up, there’s nowt much there

There’s nothing there other than access to some walking grounds. Theres the cricket club across the road. Other than that you’ve got a few pubs in Shiney which people won’t want to go to. Nearest Resturant is Washington, Newbottle or Chester, nothing walking distance.

Last edited:
They were supposed to get more expensive the further into the estate the houses go. The original plans were for the houses deep into the estates to be ‘a better version of wynyard hall estate’ was what I was told of someone in the know. Can’t see them shifting the first batch at the prices they’ve set.

There’s nothing there other than access to some walking grounds. Theres the cricket club across the road. Other than that you’ve got a few pubs in Shiney which people won’t want to go to. Nearest Resturant is Washington, Newbottle or Chester, nothing walking distance.
There's a brochure a few pages back showing that they plan to build shops and that on site as part of the community.

Ooohhhh a shop. 😂 I’d want a nice hidden, residents only drinking den.
Tbf I think there was like a café/bar/bistro thing amongst other stuff. Looked spot on tbf. Whether it gets to that stage is debateable mind.
They also have monthly maintenance fees to keep the estate up to scratch ...
A lot of new builds have these nowadays (obviously at different rates). It's still mental like.

Last edited:
Tbf I think there was like a café/bar/bistro thing amongst other stuff. Looked spot on tbf. Whether it gets to that stage is debateable mind.

A lot of new builds have these nowadays (obviously at different rates). It's still mental like.

Imagine living in your gaff now and paying 50 notes a month extra to have the council cut the grass at the end of the street and sweep up occasionally.
It's not like theres a swimming pool or a health club. I'd happily pay if there was a free onsite gym and indoor pool etc.

Interesting to see that is now £395k down from the £445k you quoted here in Feb. Big reduction that but it'll have to fall further. Prices on these are just mind-boggling for what they are and where.

Looks like they've sold 5 houses with another 5 reserved. I thought the Seaburn ones were big prices but at least they are on the coast with pubs, restaurants and cafes on your doorstep.
What more do they want, they've got shiney row on their doorstep

There's the prospect, tandoori and hoss in Penshaw all do canny bait, plus the tea rooms. Mind it's a canny walk from tea rooms to lambtons estate

Last edited:
They struggled like hell to sell houses on Elba Park opposite. Can't imagine the lambton estate is going to be selling like hotcakes like.

Bet it’s a lovely place to live. Especially now the estate is open and even more so when the shops etc. are built.
I think it will be too 😍
They’ve sold all but one of the big ones (where the show home is) now and they’ve sold a couple more since they re-opened, which I was surprised at.
It’s obviously been delayed but such is life.
Anyway it’s my choice and I’m very happy with it. 😃😃 x

scaffolding down now

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Back