Kurt Zouma guilty, faces jail for kicking his cat

You are ranting on like a daft owld buffoon man 😂. I know lots of vegans none are fat and wouldn't class any as hippies. Mainly just young people who have been informed or took in upon themselves to learn about factory farming and realised how horrendous it is. Why is not liking animal cruelty a bad thing, i find that absolutely bizzare. No one is pretending processed vegan junk food is healthy 🤦 its what it says it is junk food. Every doctor in the world knows fruits and vegetables are good for health thats whats being suggested people plan their diets around...information weve been told since we were toddlers.
We wouldn't need to farm any more than we do now as the amount of crops we grow to feed cattle is far more than we would need to feed the population, we would just need to change the type of crops we grow.
Of course we would need more land to farm on. Just 14% of animal feed is actually grown by farming And edible. We would have to rip down loads of the worlds natural resources to make up for the increase in vegetable consumption. See below.

Logon or register to see this image

Im not having a go at people for wanting an end to poor farming and I would love to see as many people eating fresh vegetables as possible. A lot of people now simply wouldn’t know what to do cooking a meal from scratch so you’d have to teach generations of people how to completely change their diets.

In Africa they eat bush meats that they can catch as there’s barely any protein sources to keep them going. Large parts of South America hunt and live off the land. Large parts of the northern hemisphere too where it’s difficult to grow crops. How do we change their habits? Fly the veg in instead of them eating preserved meats?

For the rest of time while humans are the dominant species on earth animals will need to be eaten same as animals will have to rely on smaller animals to eat as well.

I know quite a few vegans who are fat as fuck because they haven’t a clue about food and nutrition

Of course we would need more land to farm on. Just 14% of animal feed is actually grown by farming And edible. We would have to rip down loads of the worlds natural resources to make up for the increase in vegetable consumption. See below.

Logon or register to see this image

Im not having a go at people for wanting an end to poor farming and I would love to see as many people eating fresh vegetables as possible. A lot of people now simply wouldn’t know what to do cooking a meal from scratch so you’d have to teach generations of people how to completely change their diets.

In Africa they eat bush meats that they can catch as there’s barely any protein sources to keep them going. Large parts of South America hunt and live off the land. Large parts of the northern hemisphere too where it’s difficult to grow crops. How do we change their habits? Fly the veg in instead of them eating preserved meats?

For the rest of time while humans are the dominant species on earth animals will need to be eaten same as animals will have to rely on smaller animals to eat as well.

I know quite a few vegans who are fat as fuck because they haven’t a clue about food and nutrition
You are forgetting pastures used for grazing which combined with land used for crops to feed livestock amounts for 77% of global farming land..this only provides us with around 20% of our consumed calories. We have more than enough land and knowledge to grow the crops we need to sustain and grow our population.

I’m having salmon tonight but not one I caught so I am claiming the high moral ground.

I am serving it with green beans and a Thai dressing. It will be steamed.

You are forgetting pastures used for grazing which combined with land used for crops to feed livestock amounts for 77% of global farming land..this only provides us with around 20% of our consumed calories. We have more than enough land and knowledge to grow the crops we need to sustain and grow our population.
None of which can be used to grow crops :lol::lol:

They can be converted into cropland...farmers are doing this already They are going from farming livestock to hemp, oats and wheat. Scientists are already modelling for this and not with a vegan agenda but to reduce Co2 emissions and combat global warming.
Of course you couldn’t. First of all that would be illegal. Second of all it is the natural habitat for millions of species of insects which would become extinct if you turned green belt land into agricultural land. thirdly you wouldn’t be able to do that due to soil erosion. Chugging up all of that soil would release billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere which would be devastating for the climate. Are we pulling up all the trees and hedges on these pastures and where do the bees go? You do know even hedges in this country can only be cut two months of the year? Where would all the birds nest if we took away the hedges?

Mate you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. You try putting your little point up there to the government against mine there and you’d be laughed at. Especially when the end game is hemp production :lol:

I really could keep going with points as to why you’re talking about pulling up all the green belt land in this country as to why it Would completely destroy the planet.

@cornish mackem have a look at this.

Last edited:
Of course you couldn’t. First of all that would be illegal. Second of all it is the natural habitat for millions of species of insects which would become extinct if you turned green belt land into agricultural land. thirdly you wouldn’t be able to do that due to soil erosion. Chugging up all of that soil would release billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere which would be devastating for the climate. Are we pulling up all the trees and hedges on these pastures and where do the bees go? You do know even hedges in this country can only be cut two months of the year? Where would all the birds nest if we took away the hedges?

Mate you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. You try putting your little point up there to the government against mine there and you’d be laughed at. Especially when the end game is hemp production :lol:

I really could keep going with points as to why you’re talking about pulling up all the green belt land in this country as to why it Would completely destroy the planet.

@cornish mackem have a look at this.
I'm not suggesting converting all pasture land to cropland you are just jumping to your own conclusions to suit your agenda and getting on your high horse. I've already explained 75 percent of available farm land is used for livestock is still only responsible for 20 percent of consumed calories so you do the maths. We are more than capable of growing enough crops to feed the population with out livestock. That Is a fact. Is was pointing out some farmers are deciding to stop farming live stock to grow crops which is happening.

I'm not suggesting converting all pasture land to cropland you are just jumping to your own conclusions to suit your agenda and getting on your high horse. I've already explained 75 percent of farmed land for livestock is still only responsible for 20 percent of consumed calories so you do the maths. We are more than capable of growing enough crops to feed the population with out livestock. That Is a fact. Is was pointing out some farmers are deciding to stop farming live stock to grow crops which is happening.
But that is exactly what you said. You said farmers are tearing up green grazing land to produce oats and hemp which simply isn’t true.

You then said the reason for this is to reduce CO2. That is the exact opposite thing you would do to reduce CO2. Carbon dioxide is stored within soil and eaten up by fauna, trees, funghi, bacteria animals etc. You dig that up and you kill the planet.

They are not turning green belt land into agri land. Not one farmer has done this as it is highly illegal and they’re actually getting paid by our government not to. They’re inspected regularly too.

But that is exactly what you said. You said farmers are tearing up green grazing land to produce oats and hemp which simply isn’t true.

You then said the reason for this is to reduce CO2. That is the exact opposite thing you would do to reduce CO2. Carbon dioxide is stored within soil and eaten up by fauna, trees, funghi, bacteria animals etc. You dig that up and you kill the planet.

They are not turning green belt land into agri land. Not one farmer has done this as it is highly illegal and they’re actually getting paid by our government not to. They’re inspected regularly too.
My initial point was that it isn't necessary and we can already grow enough crops to feed the planet, I was just stating it is possible to convert lands over time although I do agree this can be difficult in some instances due to soil etc. Maybe i should have seperated my points about farmers transitioning to crops. But yes scientists are modelling for reducing the amount of farmed animals and increasing the amount of crops etc as a very beneficial method to reduce green house gas emissions.

My initial point was that it isn't necessary and we can already grow enough crops to feed the planet, I was just stating it is possible to convert lands over time although I do agree this can be difficult in some instances due to soil etc. Maybe i should have seperated my points about farmers transitioning to crops. But yes scientists are modelling for reducing the amount of farmed animals and increasing the amount of crops etc as a very beneficial method to reduce green house gas emissions.
Ok but scientists working on it doesn’t feed us do it so until we find alternatives we will have to continue the way we are whilst looking at new ways of reducing livestock. You will never be able to convert green belt land over time either. It is vital to the planets’ eco system and oxygen production. We don’t have the capacity to feed the country based upon agriculture either. Loads of our foods are grown abroad as are oils, wheat etc that are vital. We trade with other countries essentially swapping goods. They will be flown in or come by boat. It is absolutely impossible to take Off without a jet propulsion engine so how do we get the fruit and veg in which are needed for a completely vegan diet?

I'm not suggesting converting all pasture land to cropland you are just jumping to your own conclusions to suit your agenda and getting on your high horse. I've already explained 75 percent of available farm land is used for livestock is still only responsible for 20 percent of consumed calories so you do the maths. We are more than capable of growing enough crops to feed the population with out livestock. That Is a fact. Is was pointing out some farmers are deciding to stop farming live stock to grow crops which is happening.
Not all farmland is suitable for crops. I’m not sure the % but very little near me is farmed for crops. Several reasons, too steep, poor quality soil, too high ( altitude), too wet are the main reasons. All good for grass and animals but no good for root crops or cereals.
A mate is a soil bloke and I commented just the other day how much rape is visible this year. I asked him if that was due to the east European bother but it’s not. This stuff was planned and planted well before Putin started messing about so some farmers have just hit lucky.
You will always see animals being farmed in the U.K. The market dictates this and they do taste very nice

Not all farmland is suitable for crops. I’m not sure the % but very little near me is farmed for crops. Several reasons, too steep, poor quality soil, too high ( altitude), too wet are the main reasons. All good for grass and animals but no good for root crops or cereals.
A mate is a soil bloke and I commented just the other day how much rape is visible this year. I asked him if that was due to the east European bother but it’s not. This stuff was planned and planted well before Putin started messing about so some farmers have just hit lucky.
You will always see animals being farmed in the U.K. The market dictates this and they do taste very nice
Was thinking that over the last 30 or so years how much land has been stripped or grass and soil. Even people concreting over their gardens and new home developments. The amount of flooding we see these days even just on the roads, towns and cities is nuts. Bet loads of that is down to soil not being able to absorb rainfall.

I know councils across the countray have agreed to increase their canopies by around 5% in the next few years. Try asking the council to trim a tree down as it’s blocking out light or a satellite signal. It’s nigh on impossible

Back