Kristjaan Speakman going nowhere

It's not ALL about making money on players though. We need to be able to put a team out good enough to compete at the top.

As a fan it's not about making money on players - at all. I go to watch competitive football not to win spreadsheet awards. How it's funded I really couldn't give a toss, I do care about watching crap like the past few months.

The money obsession on here is weird.

I'd be surprised if anything else happened to be honest. No doubt the club won't be happy with the Beale appointment but outside of that it's probably going about as well as expected when they took over. Probably has points in the bank for getting good money for Lihadji, Stewart, Gooch, and bringing in the likes of Ballard, Clarke, Ekwah. As well as nailing 2 out of 3 head coach appointments.

This summer is the big one.
And if this summer isn't the big one then next summer will be.
Wouldn't you say?

As a fan it's not about making money on players - at all. I go to watch competitive football not to win spreadsheet awards. How it's funded I really couldn't give a toss, I do care about watching crap like the past few months.

The money obsession on here is weird.
Absolutely said this loads.
Some on here now obsessed with how much money has been spent.
I don’t care if safc balance sheet is at even or £20m in debt, I do care if we got a shite team though and last 2 or 3 months has been embarrassing all round.

All the posters saying they'll give KLD / Speakman the summer. What are you expecting them to do in the summer ?

If ya expecting KLD to bladder speakshite its never gonna happen. Kld is as much out his depth as speakman and dodds. He has no experience, no connections no nothing. Hes just over the moon he has a DOF who is so far up his own arse will spout out any old 'model' shite as he knows he will never get a gig as big as this for the rest of his career. Only way forward will be when KLD fooks off.

Absolutely said this loads.
Some on here now obsessed with how much money has been spent.
I don’t care if safc balance sheet is at even or £20m in debt, I do care if we got a shite team though and last 2 or 3 months has been embarrassing all round.

Mental isn't it, like obviously I don't want the club to go bust but it seems like some are just obsessed with it now.

Tottenham are millions and millions in debt. Would I swap their position, without a question of doubt. I actually think some on here would be bothered about the balance sheet.

Can’t get rid of Speakman because the succession plan within the leadership group would entail that all the raw data couldn’t evolve and the model would break down irreversibly. We’ve built a platform which has engaged the whole group and although there’ll be some difficult conversations within that group, we’ll all have to embrace that.

(Yours faithfully, K.S)

I'd be surprised if anything else happened to be honest. No doubt the club won't be happy with the Beale appointment but outside of that it's probably going about as well as expected when they took over. Probably has points in the bank for getting good money for Lihadji, Stewart, Gooch, and bringing in the likes of Ballard, Clarke, Ekwah. As well as nailing 2 out of 3 head coach appointments.

Yep. Glaring gaps in squad need to be addressed. No excuses will suffice this time round.
Can’t get rid of Speakman because the succession plan within the leadership group would entail that all the raw data couldn’t evolve and the model would break down irreversibly. We’ve built a platform which has engaged the whole group and although there’ll be some difficult conversations within that group, we’ll all have to embrace that.

(Yours faithfully, K.S)
They’re all aligned man

I’d rather people be encouraged to do better instead of just booting them out: that’s what I thought about Mowbray too

I think we all thought that during the Short years …. Back then it was never the Managers always the executives, today it’s the same.
Changing managers is just moving the deckchairs around hoping for a different result. Only now managers don’t even pick the team never mind buy the players.

I am encouraging them, Iam telling them to stop taking risks without club. You might not be prepared to pay for a promotion push but you sure as hell are not going to get away with turning us into a relegation threatened team.
Hence i am encouraging them to invest in experienced players or get out.

Excellent post.

I am probably in the minority but I believe Speakman is doing a very good job overall if you look at the big picture ie, since he took the post and not the last 12 months. Every football director would love to go and buy battle hardened players for decent money all the time but he is clearly operating with a limited budget which is coming from above

The only sale I would question is Batth as we clearly had no better in reserve, but the likes of Gooch, Pritchard are no great loss. Run of the mill championship players - he pulled a masterstroke selling a crock for 10m, with Southamption would be lucky to get 3m for him if sold in the summer

Excellent post.

I am probably in the minority but I believe Speakman is doing a very good job overall if you look at the big picture ie, since he took the post and not the last 12 months. Every football director would love to go and buy battle hardened players for decent money all the time but he is clearly operating with a limited budget which is coming from above

The only sale I would question is Batth as we clearly had no better in reserve, but the likes of Gooch, Pritchard are no great loss. Run of the mill championship players - he pulled a masterstroke selling a crock for 10m, with Southamption would be lucky to get 3m for him if sold in the summer
Devils advocate here.

This bigger picture.

The one that leaves us with Hemir, Mayenda. Hjelde et al as first teamers…it doesn’t look great.

Devils advocate here.

This bigger picture.

The one that leaves us with Hemir, Mayenda. Hjelde et al as first teamers…it doesn’t look great.

Hjedle illustrating why buying in January is a minefield. As soon as we have Huggins or Cirkin fit he will be farmed out on loan and then sold. I am not sure you are going to get a top draw left back in January, let alone when telling any potential signing he will be fourth choice next season. A case of needs must and who was available, would we have been scouting a left back before losing 3 LB to injury?

To buy/loan 4 strikers and none really come off is unlucky IMO. Maybe they just need a season to adapt to Championship football and their new surroundings, I certainly wont write them off nor criticise the club as if either come off in the long run it could set the club up financially for years to come as strikers go for fortunes. I do believe an experienced front man is required for next season but club directors do make mistakes from time to time, its about learning from them. KLD is clearly very single minded in his approach and with a tweak to only buying youth is easily fixed

Johnson was a good choice for us, improved us no end from Parky's mess. Make it 3-1 in the managerial hirings... Sacked at the right time like.
FFS our fans are nuts. Johnson was a fooking clown who talks the absolute same style of bullshit speakshite does and has been sacked wherever hes been since. How can anyone think johnson would ever be a good choice for a team like safc.
He was.

It all happened around about the same time. Speakman officially announced the day before. Speakman appointed Sporting Director.
Some of our fans talk absolute shite.
Excellent post.

Ffs another absolute whoppa

Last edited:

Back