Kristjaan Speakman going nowhere

Didn't expect him to. Another monumental fuck up like this season and he'll be peddled soon enough.

Do Sporting Directors even have fixed term contracts? I would have assumed they're just on a contract of employment like any ordinary employee would be. They're not like managers or players.

Thoughts @Grumpy Old Man???

Sorry mate. I've got no idea on this one. It could even vary from place to place, person to person. There's no clear definition of what jobs are covered by standard or fixed term contracts of employment. For example, John Lewis just appointed a new executive chairman on a five year fixed term contract, a job that would normally be standard continuous terms.

However, as no contract length was announced on his appointment (as there normally would be for a player or head coach), I'd lean towards him being on a standard employment contact lasting until terminated by either side.

Johnson
Neil
Mowbray
Beale
Dodds

That’s 5 appointments. Two have been effective.
The Dodds appointment is a "non-appointment" appointment though. He hasn't been given the role because we think he's the next in line, he's basically a supply teacher at this point, to avoid us having 3 + 1 caretaker managers in charge over the course of 1 season.

The Johnson appointment was effective. People will disagree and that's fair enough but he managed to improve on the Parky disaster, won at Wembley, and had us in an okay position going in to the run in, now I'd certainly be less confident in the playoffs, but he had us playing some decent stuff which was a complete 180 from Parkinson. Lay a lot of good foundations, just couldn't sort it us out defensively.

Speakman wasn't even here 😁

Aye he was. And it’s very clear he was involved in the process in appointing Johnson. Why would he take up a position as DoF on the proviso that his first coach to work with would be nowt to do with him?
The Dodds appointment is a "non-appointment" appointment though. He hasn't been given the role because we think he's the next in line, he's basically a supply teacher at this point, to avoid us having 3 + 1 caretaker managers in charge over the course of 1 season.

The Johnson appointment was effective. People will disagree and that's fair enough but he managed to improve on the Parky disaster, won at Wembley, and had us in an okay position going in to the run in, now I'd certainly be less confident in the playoffs, but he had us playing some decent stuff which was a complete 180 from Parkinson. Lay a lot of good foundations, just couldn't sort it us out defensively.

It was no more effective than Jack Ross’s. Slightly more effective than Parkinson.

"spoken to speakman" would have been nice.

Use capitals, simple stuff, makes your vague point easier to dismiss.
No problem, i’ll do that next time.
Can’t believe people listen to that Terry bloke and take him and what it says serious
I dont know how many times i’ll have to reinforce and repeat this point. I am not taking what he says serious and as I have said probably 3 times, what he says could be bollocks - it’s a rumour. It’s something I wanted to raise on here, clearly people are massively against YouTubers, which I will remember.

I am new to posting on this message board so I’m learning what people want when I make posts/threads.

Last edited:
This is what I don't understand. He's made a few season defining mistakes and everyone's calling for his head. If it was last season at the start everyone would take their hands off for a 12th placed finish but the club overachieved.
It's okay to be angry and frustrated but the overreactions on this forum is bonkers. The club has progressed under his wing, perhaps not as fast some may of like but it has progressed nonetheless. It's like some people think we have a divine right to be promoted automatically - The last club who had that mentality was Leeds and it took them forever to get up only to go back down 2 seasons later.

If next season he starts hiring and signing duffers the club would start going backwards again and that would be the time for him to move on, but as it stands the club has solidified itself a Championship club which is ahead of schedule. Next season it's genuinely time to start threatening playoffs without if's or but's, let him see what he can do with that expectation rather than just a safe Championship finish

The point is he been hiring and signing duffers since last summer, and the club is going backwards from last season.

just watched a video from Terry (themadmistake) who has said that he’s been told from his source Speakman will be staying and his contract will be renewed. FFS. not that this wasn’t expected anyway…
Speakman has had a very positive impact on the club since he walked through the door when we were a midtable League 1club, three years ago!

Back