Kristjaan Speakman going nowhere

I feel as though he has no interest in trying to get our club back to where it belongs. His transfer windows have been shocking recently, he set the clubs target as finishing in the top 2, and he gave up on the season once we’d sacked Beale, when the playoffs were still in reach. He then announces the fact he only wants us to “plod along”. That’s why. If I see some changes my opinions may change. Perhaps I went a bit far saying I ‘despise’ him but I certainly don’t rate him at all at the moment.

edit: I’m not thick, and I do realise that KLD also sets a budget and KS has it abide by it.

Last edited:
Is Speakman the real problem. Surely our scouting team has to be involved in this as they are the ones that find the players, then you have the data analyst's who assess them before we buy them. And ultimately who designed the model ?

I feel as though he has no interest in trying to get our club back to where it belongs. His transfer windows have been shocking recently, he set the clubs target as finishing in the top 2, and he gave up on the season once we’d sacked Beale, when the playoffs were still in reach. He then announces the fact he only wants us to “plod along”. That’s why. If I see some changes my opinions may change. Perhaps I went a bit far saying I ‘despise’ him but I certainly don’t rate him at all at the moment.

edit: I’m not thick, and I do realise that KLD also sets a budget and KS has it abide by it.
It's his job though. It's in his every interest to get us back. Being capable is another matter.

should be clear to everyone that KLD and Speakman are a team.

Speakman's success rate on managers and players is good enough for the level we're at . KLD in no hurry to change the model : suspect he would rather sell up than start paying the going rate for the likes of Keifer Moore

I’d rather people be encouraged to do better instead of just booting them out: that’s what I thought about Mowbray too

should be clear to everyone that KLD and Speakman are a team.

Speakman's success rate on managers and players is good enough for the level we're at . KLD in no hurry to change the model : suspect he would rather sell up than start paying the going rate for the likes of Keifer Moore
This. The model is realistically the only way to move the club forward and ensure its survival.

The issue I have is the lack of flexibility, and funds apparently, to build on success, last year seems to have laid this bare, with the resultant collapse and fall from the place we were end of last season.

Either KLD doesn't have an emergency fund for such unexpected success or he is tied into the 5yr plan with chains and ropes.

Last edited:

Back