Kodi knackered for new installs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who'd you go with for your VPN? I've just gone with Nord because SportsMania streams would work for 5-10 minutes then completely die, thought it might help but didn't make any difference tonight.

I use turbo or opera vpn both free

Did you use their Canadian link on their matchday section

I did for them & ace spot on

Firesticks are shite

The newer ones are decent.

They are. I said it from the start on here and got shot down for saying a cheap m8 box is much better. Saying that I still use one with kodi 15.2 in the bedroom. It just about works but no good for HD streams and takes ages to load up.

The new one boots fast, loads fast, isn't sluggish at all. Only use it in the bairn's room but I'd take it over a cheap m8 box.

The newer ones are decent.

The new one boots fast, loads fast, isn't sluggish at all. Only use it in the bairn's room but I'd take it over a cheap m8 box.
The m8 box can't be compared to that though. It was out before the first firestick was out. I have both and the m8 is a lot better.

id go with the m8s over the newer firestick base on that alone. Saying that Id get something a bit better than both next time.

The m8 box can't be compared to that though. It was out before the first firestick was out. I have both and the m8 is a lot better.

id go with the m8s over the newer firestick base on that alone. Saying that Id get something a bit better than both next time.

You'd go for a new M8 because it was out first?

The new firestick is decent like. Depends what you use it for though. I mainly use mine for things other than kodi, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video so it's far better for those obviously. Seems fine in kodi the few times I've tried it.

You'd go for a new M8 because it was out first?
No. I'm saying the m8 is comparable to the first firestick as it was out before that. The m8 was a lot better in terms of speed, ease of use (with linux), Wi-Fi range. Not really fair comparing it to the second firestick given how much older it is.

The newer m8s maybe a fairer comparison. I haven't used either but based on the difference in the older ones I'd go for an m8s box over an updated firestick.

No. I'm saying the m8 is comparable to the first firestick as it was out before that. The m8 was a lot better in terms of speed, ease of use (with linux), Wi-Fi range. Not really fair comparing it to the second one given how much older it is.

The newer m8s maybe a fairer comparison. I haven't used either but based on the difference in the older ones I'd go for a m8s over the updated firestick.

Depends what you want to use it for surely? an M8s would be pretty crap for Netflix.

Never had a problem with kodi on a firestick like it plays HD movies and streams fine. Only downside is not being able to hoy a VPN on to a first gen one which I have.

Never had a problem with kodi on a firestick like it plays HD movies and streams fine. Only downside is not being able to hoy a VPN on to a first gen one which I have.

What's stopping you putting a VPN on? Haven't tried it but assumed you could just use an android based VPN?

I've been having trouble with dead links, buffering, no streams found.

So, I took the plunge and went VPN last week.

Easy to buy and set up.

Kodi is transformed, Everything is faster, more links, more choice, Trakt is working again.
Was that on firestick?

Aye that's what I've found out now. How much are the new ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back