KISS date Anounced in Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norra pussycat or starchild in sight...

I thought it was zombies as they always play it but then they do argent stuff as well.

I'm on the fence with Alice. Few songs I like but it's a bit too glam for me I think. They had Feed My Frankenstein on at half time on Saturday - me n the lads played that one a few times for halloween gigs. :lol:

I do like War of the Worlds mind, never been to see it though.
I'd see kiss but couldn't be arsed with AC. Kiss are tongue firmly in cheek.

I'm on the fence with Alice. Few songs I like but it's a bit too glam for me I think. They had Feed My Frankenstein on at half time on Saturday - me n the lads played that one a few times for halloween gigs. :lol:

I do like War of the Worlds mind, never been to see it though.
Chris, I can seriously recommend this show. It`s great. Brilliant music done by a Rock band and orchestra, live cast members playing the parts on the album and great special effects.

To be fair probably not. Music wankers are the worst type of wanker. There are a few on here.
It wasn't so much the music as people bleating on about the show. A good band with a good audience can be a great experience without all the frippery. Still, fair point that you should let people enjoy what they enjoy.

Apart from Queen. :evil::evil::evil:

It wasn't so much the music as people bleating on about the show. A good band with a good audience can be a great experience without all the frippery. Still, fair point that you should let people enjoy what they enjoy.

Apart from Queen. :evil::evil::evil:
Haha. Never liked Queen but I wish I'd got tickets to see them back in the day. They were part of the times. Kiss are similar in a way but much more for the yanks.

Got my tickets :D but Ticketmaster, but good grief, it`s traumatic going through their ticket buying process. Give me the days where you could just send a postal order and an SAE to the City Hall box office and a little lady would send you the tickets a couple of days later. I got front row balcony seats back in 1983 when I first saw them without any of this hassle.

Got my tickets :D but Ticketmaster, but good grief, it`s traumatic going through their ticket buying process. Give me the days where you could just send a postal order and an SAE to the City Hall box office and a little lady would send you the tickets a couple of days later. I got front row balcony seats back in 1983 when I first saw them without any of this hassle.
:lol::lol::lol:

That takes me back. Get Sounds on a Thursday and postal order sent same day.

I preferred Sounds. It straddled the genres and was not up it's own arse. Still bought it every week.:lol:

I loved those papers.

Never got Melody Maker.
I was a Sounds reader. I hated NME, absolutely hated it. Thought it was so pompous and elitist. I remember them reviewing Signals by Rush and all they said was "Same old Heavy Metal shite" or words to that effect. Now, anyone without cabbages for lugs could hear that it simply wasn`t like that at all. The songs was very synthesiser based and included a lot of Ska/Reggae elements and very, very different to the stuff they did in the `70`s and even more different to the run of the mill Metal bands around at that time. Added to that the two of the three band members had cut their hair short and the guitarist wore a suit. Hardly the typical Metal approach. I get it, that they didn`t like them but at least listen to it and try to give a professional opinion. I just thought they had very lazy journalists.

Thought Melody Maker was OK and covered a good range of stuff but Sounds was the best.

I was a Sounds reader. I hated NME, absolutely hated it. Thought it was so pompous and elitist. I remember them reviewing Signals by Rush and all they said was "Same old Heavy Metal shite" or words to that effect. Now, anyone without cabbages for lugs could hear that it simply wasn`t like that at all. The songs was very synthesiser based and included a lot of Ska/Reggae elements and very, very different to the stuff they did in the `70`s and even more different to the run of the mill Metal bands around at that time. Added to that the two of the three band members had cut their hair short and the guitarist wore a suit. Hardly the typical Metal approach. I get it, that they didn`t like them but at least listen to it and try to give a professional opinion. I just thought they had very lazy journalists.

Thought Melody Maker was OK and covered a good range of stuff but Sounds was the best.
They were a bit Pol Pot about the music. It was Year Zero for them.

Po faced Pol Pot at that.:lol::lol:

I was a Sounds reader. I hated NME, absolutely hated it. Thought it was so pompous and elitist. I remember them reviewing Signals by Rush and all they said was "Same old Heavy Metal shite" or words to that effect. .
they were right though ;)

just playing to their audience, short hair NME, long hair, stoop, suede boots and that funny smelly oil they wore = Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back