KISS date Anounced in Newcastle

For that reason I will turn up on the day and see if I can blag a cheap one. Those add ones are disgusting.
Totality agree. I turned up on the day for Metallica a few year ago determined not to pay the full price. I ended up getting a ticket for 20 quid. I'm taking my son to this one so I've bit the bullet. To be honest I'm glad there's not many bands left I want to see that I would pay that price for. I paid 30 odd quid for Killing Joke on Sunday and I'm looking forward to that more.

Totality agree. I turned up on the day for Metallica a few year ago determined not to pay the full price. I ended up getting a ticket for 20 quid. I'm taking my son to this one so I've bit the bullet. To be honest I'm glad there's not many bands left I want to see that I would pay that price for. I paid 30 odd quid for Killing Joke on Sunday and I'm looking forward to that more.
I have gone to the opposite end and go to small venues. Kiss are just someone I would happily see but if I miss them it's not a big deal. But father and son is worth paying. It will be a laugh.

Got two tickets for Manchester, fuck paying £75 for the sound quality at the arena. Manchester is on a Friday as well.

Aye, good point.

Might still gan

Saw them at Wembley Arena when Peter Criss' drum raiser was a "tank" and it raised into the air and somersaulted over and over whilst he was strapped in playing, mind blowing 30'ish year ago.

Also saw them City Hall without make up (the band not me, I need a bit of blusher), canny show and the last time at the arena, always a good watch

Animalize, Bruce Kulick on guitar, best line up musically for me

Aye, good point.

Might still gan

Saw them at Wembley Arena when Peter Criss' drum raiser was a "tank" and it raised into the air and somersaulted over and over whilst he was strapped in playing, mind blowing 30'ish year ago.

Also saw them City Hall without make up (the band not me, I need a bit of blusher), canny show and the last time at the arena, always a good watch

I saw them at Wembley arena early 80s and it was Eric Carr on drums....his first tour after replacing Criss

KISS Rocks Vegas 2014 is on Sky Arts saturday night at 10 pm for those who may be curious as to what they are like live.

Last edited:
Animalize, Bruce Kulick on guitar, best line up musically for me

The first time I saw them too...still one of my fave gigs. Just a moment in time I suppose.

Saw them when the make-up came back, at Donington in 96 and assumed then it was a temporary return before they either removed it again or packed in...and here we are 22 years+ later.

Also went to the 92 Whitley Bay Ice Rink gig, when they brought the stage from the previous US tour, which was a bit sh##te, especially when Gene bumped his head during the dramatic entrance from the Sphinx mouth.

Ticket prices are going up while the output/performance level of these older bands is going down - with the exception of Maiden. Still going to this though...

Ive just had a thought. Is the current Kiss audience still the original collection of 14 year old (at the time) lads who thought cartoon characters playing inadequate heavy metal was a cool proposition? Or is there a fresh batch of prepubescent spotty boys who enjoy watching their granddads dressing up and frolicking?

Just kidding.

This 100%. I listen to stuff now that I wouldn`t have been seen dead listening to as a teenager. If it`s good who cares and I certainly do`t care what anyone else thinks. A closed mind is their loss.
Sorry for revisiting this one but I just dug out a live gig list I've collated over the years, deffo rock orientated but not all, there's loads of stuff that doesn't get listened to but I'm game for most stuff.

I'll be adding The Eagles next year

AC/DC, NCL Mayfair, City Hall, NCL Arena, Wembley, Etihad

Rolling Stones - Knebworth 1975

AC/DC - Mayfair 1978

Rammstein - twice

KISS - Wembley Arena in the 70s, City Hall & Arena

Bruce Springsteen - twice

Van Halen - when they supported Black Sabbath at the City Hall & blew them off the stage.

Status Quo - Sunderland Empire 70s

ZZ Top - City Hall 70s & Vegas 00s

Aerosmith - NCL Arena

Oasis - SOL

Foo Fighters - 3 times - best at SOL

Kings of Leon - Manchester Arena

Airbourne - Carling Academy

Def Leppard

Iron Maiden

UFO

Scorpions

Boston

The Damned

Wings

Hootie & the Blowfish

Ian Dury and the Blockheads

Kid Creole & the Coconuts

The Mavericks

Styx

Foreigner

Alter Bridge

Rainbow Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Luther Vandross (I know not a band but a legend)

The Enemy

Jools Holland & His Big Band

Madness

Bad Manners

Bryan Adams

Journey

Queen - 1975 when they were a rock band

Judas Priest

10CC

Lynryd Skynryd

Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Thin Lizzy

Ramones

Bon Jovi

RHCP

Prodigy

Kasabian

Kaiser Chiefs

Cheap Trick (who?)

Iggy Pop

Metallica

Motley Crue

Simply Red

Rush

Bad Company

U2 (very early days - would like to see them now)

Duran Duran (again very early days, did one song twice)

Motorhead

Nickelback (superb)

Ted Nugent

David Guetta

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet band

Curtis Stigers

Level 42

Saxon

Rose Tattoo

Cadillac Three

Brothers Osborne

Liam Gallagher

Sorry for revisiting this one but I just dug out a live gig list I've collated over the years, deffo rock orientated but not all, there's loads of stuff that doesn't get listened to but I'm game for most stuff.

I'll be adding The Eagles next year

AC/DC, NCL Mayfair, City Hall, NCL Arena, Wembley, Etihad

Rolling Stones - Knebworth 1975

AC/DC - Mayfair 1978

Rammstein - twice

KISS - Wembley Arena in the 70s, City Hall & Arena

Bruce Springsteen - twice

Van Halen - when they supported Black Sabbath at the City Hall & blew them off the stage.

Status Quo - Sunderland Empire 70s

ZZ Top - City Hall 70s & Vegas 00s

Aerosmith - NCL Arena

Oasis - SOL

Foo Fighters - 3 times - best at SOL

Kings of Leon - Manchester Arena

Airbourne - Carling Academy

Def Leppard

Iron Maiden

UFO

Scorpions

Boston

The Damned

Wings

Hootie & the Blowfish

Ian Dury and the Blockheads

Kid Creole & the Coconuts

The Mavericks

Styx

Foreigner

Alter Bridge

Rainbow Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Luther Vandross (I know not a band but a legend)

The Enemy

Jools Holland & His Big Band

Madness

Bad Manners

Bryan Adams

Journey

Queen - 1975 when they were a rock band

Judas Priest

10CC

Lynryd Skynryd

Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Thin Lizzy

Ramones

Bon Jovi

RHCP

Prodigy

Kasabian

Kaiser Chiefs

Cheap Trick (who?)

Iggy Pop

Metallica

Motley Crue

Simply Red

Rush

Bad Company

U2 (very early days - would like to see them now)

Duran Duran (again very early days, did one song twice)

Motorhead

Nickelback (superb)

Ted Nugent

David Guetta

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet band

Curtis Stigers

Level 42

Saxon

Rose Tattoo

Cadillac Three

Brothers Osborne

Liam Gallagher
The Rolling Stones is wrong, and who the f*ck are Lynryd Skynryd.

Back