KISS date Anounced in Newcastle

they were right though ;)

just playing to their audience, short hair NME, long hair, stoop, suede boots and that funny smelly oil they wore = Sounds

patchouli. I still like the smell.

Also rock chicks had bigger tits.:lol:

I was happy to have a foot in both camps. Went off rock c1979 and didn't reconnect until Aerosmith/Run DMC collaboration.

Now I am happy to listen to anything that sounds good.:cool:

patchouli. I still like the smell.

Also rock chicks had bigger tits.:lol:

I was happy to have a foot in both camps. Went off rock c1979 and didn't reconnect until Aerosmith/Run DMC collaboration.

Now I am happy to listen to anything that sounds good.:cool:
How did you spend the lost years Harold? Sweater round the shoulders listening to Style Council?

How did you spend the lost years Harold? Sweater round the shoulders listening to Style Council?

Haha. I did see the Style Council at Brixton Academy:lol::lol:

Loads of great post punk bands and jingly jangly pop.

But I went and listened to Highway Star for the first time in about 10 years and loved it:lol::lol:

Now, I couldn't give a shit. If it makes me dance/smile or moves me in any way I'll listen to it.

But I went and listened to Highway Star for the first time in about 10 years and loved it:lol::lol:

Now, I couldn't give a shit. If it makes me dance/smile or moves me in any way I'll listen to it.
This 100%. I listen to stuff now that I wouldn`t have been seen dead listening to as a teenager. If it`s good who cares and I certainly do`t care what anyone else thinks. A closed mind is their loss.

Agreed, that is one of their worst, but that accolade must surely go to Christine Sixteen. Please, please don`t dig that one up for this tour.

Nah ...Simmons has wriiten loads worse than Christine 16 eg Domino, Parasite and countless others particularly in the no make up years

Chris, I can seriously recommend this show. It`s great. Brilliant music done by a Rock band and orchestra, live cast members playing the parts on the album and great special effects.

Is it still touring ?

Just don't get either of these bands. As a kid I really wanted to like Kiss and all their razamatazz but I was genuinely appalled by how pathetic their music was. Not a patch on Slade.

Very influenced by Slade though. Crazy crazy nights was almost a tribute to them

im with you all the way with that last sentance. If it does neither of the above it simply isnt worth listening to

This 100%. I listen to stuff now that I wouldn`t have been seen dead listening to as a teenager. If it`s good who cares and I certainly do`t care what anyone else thinks. A closed mind is their loss.

im the same. I dont mind admitting that i picked up the ABBA box set fro m Sainsbury's the other dat. All their 8 original albums plus a bonus disc of extra tracks all for £18. Some of it is great stuff and its also really interesting to see how they evolved over the years from class 60s pop thru Eurovision, Glam rock, disco etc etc

Last edited:
Nah ...Simmons has wriiten loads worse than Christine 16 eg Domino, Parasite and countless others particularly in the no make up years

Is it still touring ?

Very influenced by Slade though. Crazy crazy nights was almost a tribute to them

im with you all the way with that last sentance. If it does neither of the above it simply isnt worth listening to

im the same. I dont mind admitting that i picked up the ABBA box set fro m Sainsbury's the other dat. All their 8 original albums plus a bonus disc of extra tracks all for £18. Some of it is great stuff and its also really interesting to see how they evolved over the years from class 60s pop thru Eurovision, Glam rock, disco etc etc
Parasite was written by Ace Frehley, great song.

Prices have rocketed since they went north of £20. They just seem to be testing exactly what they can get away with. In this case folk will think they may never see them again so cough up. The Arena is barely worth £78 as a building never mind to stand in it for a couple of hours
Aye, good point.

Might still gan

Saw them at Wembley Arena when Peter Criss' drum raiser was a "tank" and it raised into the air and somersaulted over and over whilst he was strapped in playing, mind blowing 30'ish year ago.

Also saw them City Hall without make up (the band not me, I need a bit of blusher), canny show and the last time at the arena, always a good watch

Aye, good point.

Might still gan

Saw them at Wembley Arena when Peter Criss' drum raiser was a "tank" and it raised into the air and somersaulted over and over whilst he was strapped in playing, mind blowing 30'ish year ago.

Also saw them City Hall without make up (the band not me, I need a bit of blusher), canny show and the last time at the arena, always a good watch
Peter Criss never played on the tank stage, that was Eric Carr, and it never somersaulted,maybe you're thinking about Tommy Lee's kit, his did that.

Back