Kids quitting university to play FIFA

Wtaf is this all about. BBC news this morning doing a thing all about kids leaving degree courses behind to play Xbox. My lads would be getting booted in the tadger if they came home one day and said dad guess what I'm going to stay in all day and play on a games console .

One of them saying it's mentally challenging and you need to be as fit as a pro player to do it. Am I just being an old fart or is there actually some reasoning behind it.

Surely it's just a game and nobody gives a toss ???

Wtaf is this all about. BBC news this morning doing a thing all about kids leaving degree courses behind to play Xbox. My lads would be getting booted in the tadger if they came home one day and said dad guess what I'm going to stay in all day and play on a games console .

One of them saying it's mentally challenging and you need to be as fit as a pro player to do it. Am I just being an old fart or is there actually some reasoning behind it.

Surely it's just a game and nobody gives a toss ???
Good i reckon....less left wingers at Benfica than Oxford ;)

There is a lad I work with, a contract software developer so well paid, who reckons he can make more off gaming that he does off contracting, apparently people watch videos of him playing games and pay for the pleasure...the world is completely fucked.

eSports is massive. My eldest is heavily involved in running the university team and they're playing in big tournaments. It's just as important to them as football is to us.
Are the majority of the team a bit porky?

Last edited:
There is a lad I work with, a contract software developer so well paid, who reckons he can make more off gaming that he does off contracting, apparently people watch videos of him playing games and pay for the pleasure...the world is completely fucked.

Are the majority of the team a bit porky?
Streaming is massive, especially if you can talk a load of shite while playing.

Lad at work in his thirties I used to work with packed in to become a gamer. Came back a few weeks ago after about a year doing it asking for his job back :lol:

We said no.
Did he mentioned how he financed his year away? I’m assuming he saved up enough to be able to have a year off.

Kids at school are always watching you tube videos of people playing video games while giving commentary. Some of these nerds are like pop stars to the kids.

They are big news apparently. Beats the days of playing sonic the hedgehog for 3 hours without the luxury of having the save option :lol:

It’s crackers but loads of bairns watch the videos so they actually make good money through advertising.

Some are millionaires :eek:

I know a few adult blokes who make more kicking a ball around than people with real jobs. People pay money to watch them at home and in person. The world is completely fucked.

Back