Kids quitting university to play FIFA

Think I read that Stampy and DanTDM ( British you tube gamers mostly aimed at younger kids playing Minecraft etc) make about 250k a month so the attraction is fairly obvious!

Imagine being this ignorant man. Let me guess, you’re a 40-49 year old bloke, own at least one pair of Adidas trainers, drink Fosters, listen to the Stone Roses and have a kid aged 6-14 who plays ‘computer games’ that you just shake your head at.
I’m 47.

I have a 15 year old bairn.

I have Adidas, and I’m wearing a stone roses T-shirt.

I’d smash you at fifa.

It's one price we pay on society for the internet. No longer have to just have people live nearby to play against them, or even to just talk to them.

A price I'm happy to pay. Wouldn't really be the person I am today without the time I spent in chatrooms and messenger programmes in the last 90's.

eSports is massive. My eldest is heavily involved in running the university team and they're playing in big tournaments. It's just as important to them as football is to us.
Both of them are literally games that don't matter.

At least, they only matter as much as people decide, for no real reason, they do.

There is a lad I work with, a contract software developer so well paid, who reckons he can make more off gaming that he does off contracting, apparently people watch videos of him playing games and pay for the pleasure...the world is completely fucked.

Are the majority of the team a bit porky?

We once had a call saying that a high profile individual had recieved credible death threat. I was think prominent MP or footballer or something so went down to check that the officers dealing had put in appropriate saftey measures to reduce the risk. A fat balding bloke in his 40’s answered the door to my surprise. Turns out he (self proclaimed) is one of the best shooty computer games people in the world and people pay to watch him on a webcam while he plays said computer games. The world has gone mad, who in their right mind pays to watch people play computer games?

eSports is massive. My eldest is heavily involved in running the university team and they're playing in big tournaments. It's just as important to them as football is to us.

That's him staying a virgin then

I'm working with some teenagers at the moment do some support work and computer games are literally the bane of their lives. Staying up all night playing them then can't get up for college or school.

Some of them are in assisted housing.. I'd get the wifi turned off at 11pm Sunday to thursday

Last edited:

Back