Kidney stones part 12374651236491345

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from doctor's and it looks like I've got it.
Not drunk since Xmas, running three or four times a week, lost over a stone and eating healthily but somehow I've turned into King Henry the bastard eighth.:evil:
Went to the walk in centre as I thought I'd broken my foot, the pain was that bad. They put me on Codeine for the pain and told me to rest it but it never cleared up. On the plus side, if it is gout, it should clear up quickly with treatment.
Getting fit and losing weight can trigger gout.

Just got back from doctor's and it looks like I've got it.
Not drunk since Xmas, running three or four times a week, lost over a stone and eating healthily but somehow I've turned into King Henry the bastard eighth.:evil:
Went to the walk in centre as I thought I'd broken my foot, the pain was that bad. They put me on Codeine for the pain and told me to rest it but it never cleared up. On the plus side, if it is gout, it should clear up quickly with treatment.

Lad at works walking about like he's shit himself..dragging his foot behind him.

Lad at works walking about like he's shit himself..dragging his foot behind him.
I couldn't have gone to work. Putting a shoe on to go to the doctor's was nigh on impossible and the pain last week was unbearable.
I work from home so spend most of the day on my arse but I took last week off as a combination of being in pain and being off my face on Codeine wasn't the ideal conditions to work in.
Waiting for my gout drugs to be dropped off. They will apparently make me shit through the eye of a needle but it's a small price to pay if they get rid of this.

Getting fit and losing weight can trigger gout.
Never knew that but just Googled it. It's been quite sensible weight loss rather than rapid but that might be the cause.

Last edited:
I couldn't have gone to work. Putting a shoe on to go to the doctor's was nigh on impossible and the pain last week was unbearable.
I work from home so spend most of the day on my arse but I took last week off as a combination of being in pain and being off my face on Codeine wasn't the ideal conditions to work in.
Waiting for my gout drugs to be dropped off. They will apparently make me shit through the eye of a needle but it's a small price to pay if they get rid of this.

Never knew that but just Googled it. It's been quite sensible weight loss rather than rapid but that might be the cause.
You just have to hope the pain starts to subside before the shitting starts......

The gout attacks are actually the bodies reaction to the uric acid crystals either growing or shrinking. Hence when you go on a fitness drive what tends to happen is the uric acid level in your blood drops and then the crystals that have slowly built up in your joints for years start to dissolve and the body reacts to what it sees as a foreign body.

You just have to hope the pain starts to subside before the shitting starts......

The gout attacks are actually the bodies reaction to the uric acid crystals either growing or shrinking. Hence when you go on a fitness drive what tends to happen is the uric acid level in your blood drops and then the crystals that have slowly built up in your joints for years start to dissolve and the body reacts to what it sees as a foreign body.
The Codeine has had me bunged up so they'll be competing with each other.:lol:

:lol:
Thanks for the heads up. Small price to pay I guess. I'll get my reading material prepared.
Be careful with the colchicine (gout medication) it will play havoc with your guts, and you’re supposed to stop taking it as soon as that happens. If it’s anything like when I took it then you’ll also just feel like death warmed up for a few days, to be honest I’ve debated whether to just see out the gout attack rather than take the colchicine before, and the only reason I took it last time was because I was in Florida on holiday and needed to be able to walk around the parks. It honestly made me feel rotten. I was bunged up, rather than having the trots, to the point where I was so full all the time that I couldn’t eat anymore as it just felt like there was no space left. Get yourself on allopurinol and hopefully you’ll never have a full-blown attack’s ever again!

Sorry to hijack the kidney stone thread.

Must have been some sprain like. Told my sister you have never felt pain like a kidney stone.

Her reply, I have kids and a slap round my head. No answer to that really

Most women that have had both children and kidney stones will tell you the latter is worse.

Got a return visit this weekend from another stone this time too big to pass.
Blocked my kidneys so stent fitted and return in 6 weeks time for a camera and kidney stone grabber stuffed up me knob.
The stent is a f***ing mare at the minute, pissing blood and making me go every few mins with lots of pain, which they advised would happen.
Does this settle, those who had a stent fitted ?

Well its off in in the morning for the manic miner up the bell end. They are knocking me out for it but the arsehole is starting to 5p 10p. Not looking forward to it at all

Well its off in in the morning for the manic miner up the bell end. They are knocking me out for it but the arsehole is starting to 5p 10p. Not looking forward to it at all
:eek::eek:
Good luck.
I've got gout at the minute and advice (admittedly on here) is that kidney stones could be next if I don't take the tablets long term.
The horror stories on here make it sound like shifting one is like gout in your cock. I almost want to cry thinking about it. Hopefully being knocked out takes away the worst of it.

Well that werent too bad, but the aftermath is horrific. Sat round since 11 am, went down about 4.30 and woke up around 6. They`ve ad to put a couple of stents in so feels like a i need a piss every 30 seconds but its screaming agony when i do. Fair bit blood so the bog looks like something out of saw meets amityville when i`ve been. Anasthetic is just say starting to wear off a bit now so at least can see straight and wobble outside.

@Frijj just re read my reply on the Corbyn trouble thread and sorry if i came across as a bit more of an arsehole than usual normal, blame the tetchyness of waiting while babbing it and trying to be funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back