Keep feeding those birds during the snowy weather

Was just looking out at the snow and noticed a robin was eating seed on the bird feeder. The outside light is on. I didn't think they fed this late at night!

mrs just fed them , was encircled by them as putting food out ( blackbirds, spuggies, robins ) like a scene from hitchcock movie.

on another note do voluntary work at farm/wildlife area, went along yesterday to check birs had been fed ( feeders next to hide ) and nice to see a squadron of fieldfare in the trees.

mrs just fed them , was encircled by them as putting food out ( blackbirds, spuggies, robins ) like a scene from hitchcock movie.

on another note do voluntary work at farm/wildlife area, went along yesterday to check birs had been fed ( feeders next to hide ) and nice to see a squadron of fieldfare in the trees.
Seen a couple of fieldfare last week, not common round here.

had a brainwave yesterday to make up my own mixture using the residue fat from the morning fry up

weetabix, oats, currants, sunflower hearts all mixed in with the fat. Put it on the floor for the blackbirds and was astonished how quickly it went..... until the Mrs told me the dog ate it :oops:
we do that with any bits of oil or fat left over from frying or roasting. stick some porridge oats in to soak it up.

Back