karanka describes Boro fans as "horrible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell he's from the Mourinho school like. Never his fault, toys out the pram every 5 seconds, calls out shite fans, shite football.

He did say something similar. He said the last 10 minutes the atmosphere was awful. The fans wanted us to play a long ball game and we don't know how to play that way..
The fans were doing the old attack ,attack ,attack attack attack chant. He thinks that means hump it forward.
I thought the atmosphere was great the supporters got behind the team and played quite well.
We were beaten by a superb display from Carroll . He was unplayable.
He reminds me more and more of Poyet with every game. Similar style of play, similar problems with your team and similar personality and comments. Like when Poyet was here in his second season, the key will be adding creativity and he couldn't do that in time to save his job. Are Boro fans happy with your season so far?

dunno if seb - haven't seen anything on the board about this - but after the 1-3 defeat at home to W.Ham Karanka criticised the home support's attitude as horrible - they wanted a more direct approach as opposed to passing the ball..... if they were in our position...!!

p.s. I have just read it in the Mundo Deportivo - Barcelona sports daily.
It was in The Sunday Sun

He reminds me more and more of Poyet with every game. Similar style of play, similar problems with your team and similar personality and comments. Like when Poyet was here in his second season, the key will be adding creativity and he couldn't do that in time to save his job. Are Boro fans happy with your season so far?

Most are. Obviously we would like to see more wins and goals but if we stay up he will have done well.

dunno if seb - haven't seen anything on the board about this - but after the 1-3 defeat at home to W.Ham Karanka criticised the home support's attitude as horrible - they wanted a more direct approach as opposed to passing the ball..... if they were in our position...!!

p.s. I have just read it in the Mundo Deportivo - Barcelona sports daily.
Not nearly negative enough. He'll never get to the level of David Moyes with that attitude.

Unfortunately he has history of this. He had a sly dig at the fans last season when we lost away at Blackburn, as we played with two up front (something many fans had been calling for all season) and then came out and said something along the lines of "the fans have wanted us to play with two up front, we played with two up front tonight and lost, which proves it isn't always the answer".

He was out of order with his comments at the weekend. People work hard all week to pay for match tickets and travel up and down the country supporting the team away from home each week. There was 30,000 fans there on Saturday, all there to support the team, people are struggling with money and unemployment but still find a way to support the local team. Karanka said that the players deserved more respect from the fans but I think the fans also deserve more respect from Karanka.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back