karanka describes Boro fans as "horrible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately he has history of this. He had a sly dig at the fans last season when we lost away at Blackburn, as we played with two up front (something many fans had been calling for all season) and then came out and said something along the lines of "the fans have wanted us to play with two up front, we played with two up front tonight and lost, which proves it isn't always the answer".

He was out of order with his comments at the weekend. People work hard all week to pay for match tickets and travel up and down the country supporting the team away from home each week. There was 30,000 fans there on Saturday, all there to support the team, people are struggling with money and unemployment but still find a way to support the local team. Karanka said that the players deserved more respect from the fans but I think the fans also deserve more respect from Karanka.
It seldom ends well once a boss has a go at the support. Just imagine if Moyes was to do it here. Correct me if I'm wrong, Steve, but wasn't Mr Gibson not overly impressed last season when the manager did well to keep his job?

I'm sure I read Karanka was the lowest paid manager in the Premier League on about £270k a year! If true, that might be part of his anger. Either way, we could benefit on one or two others being in crisis.

It seldom ends well once a boss has a go at the support. Just imagine if Moyes was to do it here. Correct me if I'm wrong, Steve, but wasn't Mr Gibson not overly impressed last season when the manager did well to keep his job?

I'm sure I read Karanka was the lowest paid manager in the Premier League on about £270k a year! If true, that might be part of his anger. Either way, we could benefit on one or two others being in crisis.

Karanka was very lucky to keep his job after his walk-out last season, and was very lucky to receive the support that he received from us fans at the time, that's what make it so infuriating that he came out with those comments at the weekend. You know yourself, football means a hell of a lot to us in this area, and many fans have to literally scrimp and scrape to be able to afford to follow their team, something I think Karanka has always taken for granted. He has struggled to have a true affinity with the area during his time here I feel.

Unfortunately he has history of this. He had a sly dig at the fans last season when we lost away at Blackburn, as we played with two up front (something many fans had been calling for all season) and then came out and said something along the lines of "the fans have wanted us to play with two up front, we played with two up front tonight and lost, which proves it isn't always the answer".

He was out of order with his comments at the weekend. People work hard all week to pay for match tickets and travel up and down the country supporting the team away from home each week. There was 30,000 fans there on Saturday, all there to support the team, people are struggling with money and unemployment but still find a way to support the local team. Karanka said that the players deserved more respect from the fans but I think the fans also deserve more respect from Karanka.

:lol: :lol: He's finally Sussed you out you mean

Karanka was very lucky to keep his job after his walk-out last season, and was very lucky to receive the support that he received from us fans at the time, that's what make it so infuriating that he came out with those comments at the weekend. You know yourself, football means a hell of a lot to us in this area, and many fans have to literally scrimp and scrape to be able to afford to follow their team, something I think Karanka has always taken for granted. He has struggled to have a true affinity with the area during his time here I feel.
Aye it didn't seem the wisest of career moves mate. Some players/staff live in thar cocoon though with little idea of reality. Maybe he's wanting out?

Aye it didn't seem the wisest of career moves mate. Some players/staff live in thar cocoon though with little idea of reality. Maybe he's wanting out?

Worked for him unfortunately the players responded to his toys out of the pram actions

If Moyes did the same our lot probably wouldn't even notice

Telegraph have now confirmed that he has had a meeting with Gibson and it is all resolved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...r-aitor-karanka-sorry-criticising-supporters/

I f***ing love Gibson

karanka going to get them relegated :lol:

You can always rely on a team imploding - just need to keep our heads and capitalise

270K! Get out the violin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back