Just signed up for solar panels.. going green..

20, but the house faces 2deg off south so couldn't be better set up really.
Do high mileage in the car through work so it's handy having this to contribute.
93 in the last five days in sub-zero temps is way beyond expectation
I've only done just over that this year

Summer I do really well.. once that sun moved round another few degrees..

My peak time is 3pm to 6pm

Rite moving into my new gaffe and it’s got 16 panels on south facing. It has a Solis 3.6 Dual MPPT inverter. Bills looks like it generates between 3-3.2k a year which seems class. Battery about 12 year old. What if out do I need to look out for? Novice so no idea.

Had 11 panels fitted yesterday and the battery and inverter etc wired up and working today. Haway the sun.

It's the law that it will now be overcast and raining for the next 6 months!
Rite moving into my new gaffe and it’s got 16 panels on south facing. It has a Solis 3.6 Dual MPPT inverter. Bills looks like it generates between 3-3.2k a year which seems class. Battery about 12 year old. What if out do I need to look out for? Novice so no idea.
Don't think you need to do anything as long as everything is working - just pray for sunshine like the rest of us

When you export power does that count as taxable income? I'm thinking probably yes.
My FIT certainly isn't, or at least, I don't.
Not sure on microgeneration payments.

Starting to become aware that I'd need at least a serious roof inspection before going ahead with panels, roof is over 50 years old and I've noted 3-4 houses on the street who'd had full new roofs put on since I've lived here in the last 5 years. So solar roof tiles might be viable for me.

If inverter is over 10 years old may be worth getting it checked.

Starting to become aware that I'd need at least a serious roof inspection before going ahead with panels, roof is over 50 years old and I've noted 3-4 houses on the street who'd had full new roofs put on since I've lived here in the last 5 years. So solar roof tiles might be viable for me.
Aren't roof tiles expensive? Would you not just get panels that are integrated - ie flush/part of your new roof, if you need new roof trusses the panels could be designed into the trusses.

If they've had new roofs then consider the inset panels. The old tiles get taken off and new breather membrane and flashing go on before installing the panels. Therefore there's potentially less weight on the trusses than before and you've got a new roof covering. Paid for for over the coming years with the money you save with the panels.
When you export power does that count as taxable income? I'm thinking probably yes.
No.
Annoys me a bit though that I get charged VAT for what I buy in but get nothing in return when I sell back :lol:
Had 11 panels fitted yesterday and the battery and inverter etc wired up and working today. Haway the sun.
An EV would work well with that set-up ;)

Last edited:
So we’ve taken order on first ev a couple months ago and it’s draining the home batteries when we plug it in. Hybrid invertor, need to find somebody local who knows a way around it.

need some advice. Got my panels transferred over to me and the good energy fit tariff sorted. I have a antenna in the loft

Solaredge ECI-IF-ANT5G WiFi Antenna. How do I get this to send me the daily performance?​

Do I need an account with the solar edge app?

I’ve downloaded the app but can’t see any option to register with them?

As I have the antenna can I use any monitoring service?

Just had a payment through for last 6 month export and a tidy £300
How does this work.
I got a new roof and had solar panels installed a month ago. System is working and I can review on fox cloud software.
I cannot as yet register with Octopus to change tariff as waiting for the G99 authority from the electric people. expecting that through in next few days though.
It has been up and running since 28th Feb, so can only gauge of 1 months usage. Basically I have been billed (smart readings) for 24 days solar usage and 4 days non solar and my bill has dropped by £30+.
No mention anywhere as to energy exported to the grid apart from software of fox cloud which states accumulated income £89.10. Is that what I can expect from the grid
I presume all will fall into place in next few months when g99 and new tariff sorted out.

How does this work.
I got a new roof and had solar panels installed a month ago. System is working and I can review on fox cloud software.
I cannot as yet register with Octopus to change tariff as waiting for the G99 authority from the electric people. expecting that through in next few days though.
It has been up and running since 28th Feb, so can only gauge of 1 months usage. Basically I have been billed (smart readings) for 24 days solar usage and 4 days non solar and my bill has dropped by £30+.
No mention anywhere as to energy exported to the grid apart from software of fox cloud which states accumulated income £89.10. Is that what I can expect from the grid
I presume all will fall into place in next few months when g99 and new tariff sorted out.
You won't be able to export until you have signed up for an export tariff with Octopus. When you do that they will ask for your DNO paperwork and export meter serial number

How does this work.
No mention anywhere as to energy exported to the grid apart from software of fox cloud which states accumulated income £89.10.
Had mine fitted on 6th Feb this year, Fox app and it says I have a total income of £426, I've no idea what this means. 😊 I just assume that's how much I've saved in electricity since I had the panels installed, I've no idea how much I've exported back to the network.
You won't be able to export until you have signed up for an export tariff with Octopus. When you do that they will ask for your DNO paperwork and export meter serial number
And a photo of the meter reading, do this as soon as possible.

Last edited:
You will export but not get paid for it until all the paperwork is in place, unless rules have changed recently. Checking meter readings will show how much exported.
Had mine fitted on 6th Feb this year, Fox app and it says I have a total income of £426, I've no idea what this means. 😊 I just assume that's how much I've saved in electricity since I had the panels installed, I've no idea how much I've exported back to the network.

And a photo of the meter reading, do this as soon as possible.
Read you meter, it shows kWh exported.

You will export but not get paid for it until all the paperwork is in place, unless rules have changed recently. Checking meter readings will show how much exported.

Read you meter, it shows kWh exported.
Just had a look and there are buttons to press. I'd better read up on it first, don't want to start deleting stuff by mistake.

thats what I am waiting for now and I cannot sign up to the new tariff until I receive that.
Just had a look and there are buttons to press. I'd better read up on it first, don't want to start deleting stuff by mistake.
same here. my meter shows a reading of 296.30 kwh, So I presume that is what I have exported to the grid. However no buttons to press

Back