Just signed up for solar panels.. going green..

12 panels, a 7.2kw battery blah blah blah..

Pretty much ten grand ..

Nothing to compare to . Does that sound half decent

been thinking of this myself. how do you get a quote, and what kind of gurantees/advice do you get on how much electricity you'll generate in an average year?

obviously the million dollar question is, how long will it take to make back the initial outlay

been thinking of this myself. how do you get a quote, and what kind of gurantees/advice do you get on how much electricity you'll generate in an average year?

obviously the million dollar question is, how long will it take to make back the initial outlay
Less than 5 years at current prices

Makes sense to do it as part of the roof replacement.

Yeah, will look into it when the time comes. Probably cheaper to do it in one go rather than two separate contractor/scaffolding etc.

Its not broken as such but the surveyor described it as "coming to the end of its useful life".

if what the posters are saying is correct about the 5 year to pay it off, thats not a bad ROI to be fair.

Last edited:
Yeah, will look into it when the time comes. Probably cheaper to do it in one go rather than two separate contractor/scaffolding etc.

Its not broken as such but the surveyor described it as "coming to the end of its useful life".

if what the posters are saying is correct about the 5 year to pay it off, thats not a bad ROI to be fair.

If you are doing the whole roof might be worth looking at these....

Solar Roof | Tesla

Well done for taking the plunge.

Looked into it for our house but because it's an old Victorian 3-storey terrace it was going to need all sorts of scaffolding and stuff that made it pretty much prohibitive (I think the quote was somewhere in the region of 25-30k).

Back