Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in and out of the side but he's only 23 (I thought he was 3 or 4 years older) and will improve. As has been mentioned it probably means that Origi can be sold and Brewster may go out on loan (at which point he might become a fantasy football bargain).

I've put him (Brewster) in mine as I'm gambling on him getting a prem move.

Scored 9 goals in a Premier League season, which is more than Shaqiri has managed. More pointedly, Shaqiri wants to be the star in the team he plays in, Jota doesn't. TBH, if Salah, Mane and Firmino are fit, neither will be a regular starter.
You say he'll improve did Shaqiri after his move to Liverpool ? Only 28 now so must've only been 25 after that move

You say he'll improve did Shaqiri after his move to Liverpool ? Only 28 now so must've only been 25 after that move

Shaqiri didn't but Shaqiri has always wanted to be the star man at his club. He'd been bit part player for both Bayern and Inter previously. I was surprised Liverpool signed him TBH.

Shaqiri didn't but Shaqiri has always wanted to be the star man at his club. He'd been bit part player for both Bayern and Inter previously. I was surprised Liverpool signed him TBH.
I like Jota just don't see him being a top 4 player other than odd games

I'm not sure he is either TBH. Just think he's better than Shaq.

Shaq has been good for us when he's played. Quite popular too. Helps that his best games have tended to come against Everton and United. He has two real problems though. 1) When he's on we often switch to 4-2-3-1 because he doesn't press and work like Salah does when he's on the right. It's a great sub option to change a game (it also puts Salah central closer to the goal) but from the start Shaq's not good enough to justify altering the shape of the whole team. 2) The biggie. He's had a mysterious calf injury that no one at the club really ever talks about for some reason. It's weird. He's played under 30mins in total in 2020 I'm pretty sure. The non-Liverpool fan would just assume it's a fringe player not being picked I'd guess? To a red it's a mystery a player who was supposed to be out for 'a few weeks' has effectively missed the last 9 months.

I assume Jota's being bought to do the Origi role better. Mane cover from the left while being a central sub/back-up option. Slightly annoying that pre-Covid Timo Werner looked nailed on to be the extra left-central forward to come in. He'd have been more expensive, direct competition rather than a squad player obviously.

Shaq has been good for us when he's played. Quite popular too. Helps that his best games have tended to come against Everton and United. He has two real problems though. 1) When he's on we often switch to 4-2-3-1 because he doesn't press and work like Salah does when he's on the right. It's a great sub option to change a game (it also puts Salah central closer to the goal) but from the start Shaq's not good enough to justify altering the shape of the whole team. 2) The biggie. He's had a mysterious calf injury that no one at the club really ever talks about for some reason. It's weird. He's played under 30mins in total in 2020 I'm pretty sure. The non-Liverpool fan would just assume it's a fringe player not being picked I'd guess? To a red it's a mystery a player who was supposed to be out for 'a few weeks' has effectively missed the last 9 months.

I assume Jota's being bought to do the Origi role better. Mane cover from the left while being a central sub/back-up option. Slightly annoying that pre-Covid Timo Werner looked nailed on to be the extra left-central forward to come in. He'd have been more expensive, direct competition rather than a squad player obviously.

We're a club who've lived on players having an unexplained "knock" that keeps them out for months. I'm glad it happens at the top level TBH!

Liverpool signing him from Wolves for 35m.
Seems a bit of a strange one. Obvious bench player, large fee tho
Mendes likes this
Comparative bargain tho for £12 mill as back up

Last edited:
Maybe Origi or Firminho leaving ?
They have been trying to peddle Origi for over a year now.
Thing was they were asking around 30 mill for him.
I guess he will be loaned now with a fixed transfer fee at the end of the loan assuming Jota is signed

Got to be ridiculously difficult getting the right kind of players to play back up to one of the best first 11’s in the world.
I don’t think anyone would think Salah would go on to be as good as he is, so at 23 who knows with Jota.

World class if he signed for everton
Nah bench warmer
Got to be ridiculously difficult getting the right kind of players to play back up to one of the best first 11’s in the world.
I don’t think anyone would think Salah would go on to be as good as he is, so at 23 who knows with Jota.
Wild guess he'll have nowhere near the impact Salah has
Mendes likes this

Comparative bargain tho for £12 mill as back up
It starts to make sense now

Last edited:

Skint :lol: end up with Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back