Jordan Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

He should have just punched it on its way over the bar. The spin was a factor because he tried to catch it imo.

He will learn from that - love Jordan me!

Unfair criticism of Pickford to be honest - two strikers who are barely ‘football’ experts never mind goalkeeper experts

Well they are

Bloody hell man
He’s a young goal keeper, with years ahead of him, at the top of football.
Name me a goal keeper who has never blooped

He's about to turn 25, has a lot of experience and there's a lot of 'young' keepers starting for their teams at the moment. Think that's the way it's going so don't think it's like it was when people said the keepers get better when they get into their 30s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think he was trying to get the ball in his hands and launch a counter. Didn't work the most they lost was a point.

I don’t think he was. I think he shaped his hands to tip over but the volicity was not there as the ball dropped from height on to his hands and back into play.

It was pure misjudgment of flight of ball

I like him because he is a natural goalkeeper who plays with no fear.
His whole play is instinct and not screwed up by coaching.
We have had too many keepers in this country who are brilliant when young but mysteriously get worse as they get older.
Robinson, Green, Foster, Carson and Hart have all suffered from over coaching.

I don’t think he was. I think he shaped his hands to tip over but the volicity was not there as the ball dropped from height on to his hands and back into play.

It was pure misjudgment of flight of ball

Mebee. All keepers are prone to the odd howler mind.

Unfair criticism of Pickford to be honest - two strikers who are barely ‘football’ experts never mind goalkeeper experts
One of them is the best English centre forward of his generation and the other isn't far behind. Both vastly experienced at the top level. They know what they're talking about.

Felt sorry for Pickford today and I don't think it was as bad a 'howler' as is being made out. All goalies make mistakes. In the scheme of things I thought he was just unlucky today. He's a strong character and he'll get over it. He nearly played his part in winning us the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back