Jordan Pickford.

Everton fans love him, he’s not overrated he’s just a class keeper

Each clubs fans talk up their keeper because they've obviously seen them playing week in week out. There's rarely a regard for the wider audience. Every time they make a save there's an overreaction & when they make a mistake there's hysteria.

Making a point in general there not about Jordan btw.

It wasn’t a great moment for him but it happens. I must be honest, I was expecting a lot worse the way people went on.

It was a shocker. Hard to see one of the greats doing that in all honesty. It was something you'd expect from Lee Camp.

Every other position on the pitch you make a mistake and there is someone behind you to help bail you out. Keepers don't have that luxury. Therefore any mistakes are highlighted tenfold. As bad as this was I'm sure he will come back from it, he has never seemed short on confidence.

De Gea is thought of as a World great? Made same absolute howlers

De Gea isn't a great like a Banks or a Shilton. At least not yet. Even they made mistakes of course but its hard to see them not adopting a safety first policy.

Perhaps it was a symptom of the modern game and Pickford wanting to get hold of the ball and keep possession.

De Gea isn't a great like a Banks or a Shilton. At least not yet. Even they made mistakes of course but its hard to see them not adopting a safety first policy.

Perhaps it was a symptom of the modern game and Pickford wanting to get hold of the ball and keep possession.
De Gea isn’t a great :lol::lol:

Did you see Shilton in the World Cup semi final. I seem to remember him f***ing up a regulation tip over in the biggest game of his life.

Did you see Shilton in the World Cup semi final. I seem to remember him f***ing up a regulation tip over in the biggest game of his life.

Not the same at all. Fluke deflection and he was off his line so had to back track. Pickford was right there, a much easier situation.

I did see Shilton fuck up v Poland in 1973, a bit like De Gea's v us in 2014. It happens.
I think Pickford is over confident. He's complacent. To do that today in the 96th minute was horrendous.
Some of our lesser keepers over the years would have been crucified for that, especially if it was that late in a derby.

Not the same at all. Fluke deflection and he was off his line so had to back track. Pickford was right there, a much easier situation.

I did see Shilton fuck up v Poland in 1973, a bit like De Gea's v us in 2014. It happens.
I think Pickford is over confident. He's complacent. To do that today in the 96th minute was horrendous.
Some of our lesser keepers over the years would have been crucified for that, especially if it was that late in a derby.

Fluke deflection as opposed to fluke shinner? Like Pickfords it was in the air for ages and he barely had to track back at all. It was the biggest game of his life, it wasn't even just under the bar - he didn't get his feet off the ground and completely fucked up. Ironically in the closing stages off the world cup Pickford had blinders, saved penalties in shoot outs while Shilts did quite the opposite.

I'm not comparing the two in class as Pickford is still developing but uis rubbish to say 'a keeper like Shilts wouldn't do things like that' he would and he has. We see very game Pickford plays and only saw 5% of Shiltons yet we have still seen him cost England in the most crucial of games twice.

Ive also seen Bobby Moore make two of the most monumental fucks ups you will ever see against Sunderland. Great players at times make terrible errors.

Last edited:

Back