Jordan Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea was outstanding a few years ago.
Makes too many mistakes now.
I'm not convinced by Pickford.

Both have dropped in form dramatically.
Pickford will make an outstanding save in the second half. Boom mark this.
Trouble is he should be winning his team games not giving others goals.

He came for that cross before then was loving it sticking his tongue out at one of the United lads as he claimed it. 5 mins later he’s making an error. Bit of a strange character imo.

I said it before and got panned on here. The lad lacks the mental strength to be a top player. His mentality is all wrong. He allows himself to get worked up and then he makes mistakes. Just have a look at the way we have got at him in the past. It's a major weakness and he needs to be stronger.

Keane said it right. He’s not a good goalkeeper. Will always be overrated on here for obvious reasons mind. Not that I’m complaining because that hype played a part in banking us a fortune for a glorified Scott Carson.

I said it before and got panned on here. The lad lacks the mental strength to be a top player. His mentality is all wrong. He allows himself to get worked up and then he makes mistakes. Just have a look at the way we have got at him in the past. It's a major weakness and he needs to be stronger.

Agreed, but he will get over it. He's still young for a goalkeeper and think he'll get over this at some point - hope for his sake it doesn't destroy his confidence before he clicks upstairs

And tbey’ve Both made more than every other keeper in the league

Not really anything in it to be honest, 4 the most 2 the least, woops that was last season and it was supposed to be goal keepers, a major fuck up that link was then

Last edited:
Agreed, but he will get over it. He's still young for a goalkeeper and think he'll get over this at some point - hope for his sake it doesn't destroy his confidence before he clicks upstairs

I don't think it will, it is not in his build. He is a bit of a chavvy lad who likes to give it the biggun, he allows himself to get too involved. If he is going to ever be a top keeper or top pro he could do much worse than looking at the other Jordan. He is calm and cool under pressure. Pickford needs to grow up.

His body position when getting ready to save shots is all wrong. He squats then swings his arms back before swinging them to try and save the ball.

Little techniques like this and his mentality need working on. Fine margins when you’re a goalkeeper can cost you games.

Your keeper made as many mistakes by the way.
I think he’s a canny keeper mind.

Feel it’s a little unfair. Those shots that bounce just before you are difficult, and it was travelling at some speed.

Watch old non-mutant Juninho free kicks, mostly placed to bounce just before the keeper to make it very difficult to save.

Reactions: bat
Keane said it right. He’s not a good goalkeeper. Will always be overrated on here for obvious reasons mind. Not that I’m complaining because that hype played a part in banking us a fortune for a glorified Scott Carson.
If Pickford is not a good ‘keeper then I pity the rest of Premiership’keepers!

Your keeper made as many mistakes by the way.
I think he’s a canny keeper mind.

Our keeper cost 3.5m and isn't hyped beyond belief. I don't understand your point here ?
If Pickford is not a good ‘keeper then I pity the rest of Premiership’keepers!

There are at least 10 goalkeepers in prem currently performing better. Two of which could arguably be ahead of him in the England squad.

Our keeper cost 3.5m and isn't hyped beyond belief. I don't understand your point here ?

There are at least 10 goalkeepers in prem currently performing better. Two of which could arguably be ahead of him in the England squad.
Regardless of cost he’s a premier league keeper for a club in a not too dissimilar position to Everton.
Who hyped him beyond belief?

Both have dropped in form dramatically.
Pickford will make an outstanding save in the second half. Boom mark this.
Trouble is he should be winning his team games not giving others goals.

Replying to my own thread because I’m right.

I've always thought he was overrated. Even when he was at Sunderland. He has the ability to make some astonishing saves but he makes far too many errors to be labelled a top class goalie. He is a decent premiership keeper. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back