Jon McLaughlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this back in the summer. The club thought they could get good fees for McLaughlin and McGeady. Donald said JMc could leave for £5m but TBH he would have sold for £1m. Donald gave it the Billy Big Bollox at a talking in before Heenreveen game more or less taking the piss out of the agent. It was always going 1 way from there. McLaughlin held all the cards and knew he'd either get a new deal or he could talk to clubs in January.

Donald likes to think he's ahead of the game and knows more than the average person involved in the game. This is just another example of how hapless he really is.

Because that tactic has worked out so brilliantly for him in the past :lol:

The Chuckle Brothers are beyond parody

Probably not- any half decent player will go to a Championship team for a modest decrease in their current wage.
It’s the League 1 journeymen who will have an issue.
I would imagine players like O’Nien, Maguire and even Watmore will find clubs in the Championship as squad fillers
😅🤣😂😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

Just remember that Billy Jones, Lee Camp, Ejaria, Clark-Salter and Ashley Fletcher are all playing in the championship this year
He was an unused sub for Rotherham against us this season in League 1.

Camp had a decent rep at that level before coming here, and the others are still relatively young and have a bit of ability.

If thats what he wanted and is getting at blackburn good luck to the lad cos theres no way we should be offering him that in this league
No way anyone in the championship should be offering him that either.
While you lot have SD in control you are literally in a football wasteland.
As a Wolves lad I'm gutted for ya.
We’re not in a football wasteland.......with a bit of luck we may one day make it back there though.

Last edited:
:lol: Apart from where you said you'd lay the blame with the player or his agent.

How anyone can defend Donald is beyond me.
Dear me, you really don’t get it. I was putting them in rank order but not actually blaming anyone.
Don’t get me wrong, I want Donald out of our club but the other person was wrong to blame him for JMs contract. That’s all I was saying.

Usual idiots defending and explaining this away

have an answer for Everything

but no explanation for why the last 2 years Have been an utter disaster

shameful
They'll be defending Alnwick being first choice at the start of 2021/22 as well when Burge leaves on a free.

For the record I’m not all that arsed about McLaughlin going in and of itself. He’s alright. Steady away. Makes some good saves but is incredibly risk averse and no use whatsoever at starting attacking plays.

There’s two things that piss me off about it. Firstly the fact that we’re letting an asset that people would have paid money for leave for nothing. That’s just bad management - particularly if, as many have claimed, him running his contract down was inevitable. Secondly the idea that Burge is a ready made replacement. He’s clearly not rated as highly as McLaughlin (by at least two managers). So now we’re faced with using a worse keeper and demonstrating how wasteful our recruitment is by giving him the contract in the first place.Yet another example of how the current ownershit are woefully out of their depth.

Dear me, you really don’t get it. I was putting them in rank order but not actually blaming anyone.
Don’t get me wrong, I want Donald out of our club but the other person was wrong to blame him for JMs contract. That’s all I was saying.
:lol: Because that was so very clear like.

The point still stands though - I don't really see how the player or his agent could be blamed ahead of Donald here. What does Jon McLaughlin owe us really?

If he wants to play in the Championship - fair enough. Short career - take the opportunity. If he wants to and more importantly is able to make more money elsewhere - fair enough. Short career - take the opportunity. What's sickening though is if the player is happy and it is solely down to money, and we're being financially out-muscled by the fuckin' Venkys.

Now I'm not entirely sure what Jon McLaughlin is worth, and I've less idea of what he's on and what they might be offering. But this posturing from Donald, thinking he knows what players are worth, thinking he can take on their agents and get what's best for Sunderland has already been found out before. He thinks he can get better value for money elsewhere? I don't think so.

We'll put last nights disagreement/misunderstanding behind us anyway, as it looks like we're in agreement on wanting the Chancer out.

:lol: Because that was so very clear like.

The point still stands though - I don't really see how the player or his agent could be blamed ahead of Donald here. What does Jon McLaughlin owe us really?

If he wants to play in the Championship - fair enough. Short career - take the opportunity. If he wants to and more importantly is able to make more money elsewhere - fair enough. Short career - take the opportunity. What's sickening though is if the player is happy and it is solely down to money, and we're being financially out-muscled by the fuckin' Venkys.

Now I'm not entirely sure what Jon McLaughlin is worth, and I've less idea of what he's on and what they might be offering. But this posturing from Donald, thinking he knows what players are worth, thinking he can take on their agents and get what's best for Sunderland has already been found out before. He thinks he can get better value for money elsewhere? I don't think so.

We'll put last nights disagreement/misunderstanding behind us anyway, as it looks like we're in agreement on wanting the Chancer out.
“If the player is happy” - not sure any player apart from Luke O’Nien is happy? They don’t look it. Maybe Gooch and Power on a good day but that’s it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back