Jon McLaughlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we can judge Burge on the basis of one game. Remember McLaughlin in the cup against Gillingham?

I don't think we can judge Burge on the basis of one game. Remember McLaughlin in the cup against Gillingham?
You ended up with 3 of our ex players. I got a lot of abuse for giving my opinion of these players.

McNulty. Only good if you played to his strengths. You didn't.

Willis. Good enough to have a shot at a higher level. Pacy. Always first to the loose ball. Loves to go forward.

Burge. A disaster waiting to happen. Comes out when he should stay. Stays on his line when he should easily collect. Doesn't command his area. Punches when he should catch the ball. Tries to catch the ball when he should punch it clear. Hands of jelly. Not very good at distribution of the ball. But a very good shot stopper.

Burge. A disaster waiting to happen. Comes out when he should stay. Stays on his line when he should easily collect. Doesn't command his area. Punches when he should catch the ball. Tries to catch the ball when he should punch it clear. Hands of jelly. Not very good at distribution of the ball. But a very good shot stopper.

Only bit we've not seen evidence of is the very good shot stopping. Everything else looks depressingly bang on.

it's not though, is it? Just like we aren't judging that useless twat Parky on one game.

They're people with careers that don't just refresh every year. They're both shit.
I don't recall Burge playing badly last year. Yesterday, he was clearly affected his gaffe, for a while.

Only bit we've not seen evidence of is the very good shot stopping. Everything else looks depressingly bang on.
Burge is a good shot stopper. Must be why we kept him so long. The problem is that a lot of the good saves he makes came after one of his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back