Johnson, peoples views

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the post is 'so far' but judge end of season. He would have had more than enough games to get us promoted but that is the only way to judge an SAFC manager in this league. Less that promotion is a failure. It was only a couple of weeks ago people were saying he is out his depth when we had that draw and loss

Talks a good game and credit to him for getting Wyke firing. On a good run so long may it continue.

I wasn't sure about the appointment but he had to be better than Parkinson and he needed time to change and improve things. I think that we seem a better outfit now and more attack minded. I think his tactics are good and he seems to get more from the players. Like some, the constant tinkering with the team, some enforced, concerned me, but with the number of games being played I can understand the reason. As long as we keep winning he can do what he likes.

I like him and didn’t think I would.

Was impressed with the cavalier attitude in the semi when we ended up with 7 attackers or something.

Today he’s got a 3-0 win with a midfielder and full back playing in a back 3. Long may thistype of stuff continue
He said in the Echo that it was going to be total football today.

Didn’t want him, don’t think his cv suggests he should have got the job and my worry is that his chopping and changing will see us struggle for a consistent promotion run (as seen with his other clubs). Was disappointed when he got the job.

Now he’s here obviously all that goes out of the window and I’ll judge him on what I see here. Its been slow progress at times and quite inconsistent. Some games have been as bad as we’ve seen. I think there’s a plan starting to emerge and there’s an intention to play football the right way. Obviously bringing mcgeady back was a good move. I’m not arsed about his comments to the media or his flat caps etc.

The thing he deserves a huge, huge amount of credit for is the improvement of Charlie wyke. He’s getting something out of him that I didn’t think we’d ever see. The lad is a different player under Johnson and they should both share the plaudits.

More performances like today and less of the gillinghams and I’ll be a convert.

I like him, but I looked at that team today and thought, what is he thinking

We pissed it

I obviously know bugger all about football

And what have they done with Charlie Wyke? It cant be legal, can it?
Time will tell, we’ve had false dawns for the past 20 years

Lots of doubters on match thread today when team announced. Worked fine. Credit to Johnson and the confidence from everyone was top draw. Fingers crossed we keep it going now. Been a good week.

We are generally going in the right direction with him, can't ask for much more really, nobody was going to come in and change things overnight.

The whole team have been improved. The interplay and passing, especially in the first half, was a pleasure to watch. Long may it continue.
Looking forward to Tuesday to see if we can keep it up.

Was also concerned at the line up and formation with Vokins and Leadbitter in a two. Burtons main threat was no11 down the right wing everytime. Don't think anyone struggled today really. All did their jobs and the subs all contributed, in particular Jones. Johnson has got us looking more of a goal threat. If we can cut out stupid mistakes that have been punished over the last couple of months, then we may well kick on yet.

I was impressed with the movement off the ball, one twos, passing and all round aggressive play,,,
mind these are pretty basic things but it's nice to see us actually do it
Agree, that was the stand out for me today, movement off the ball, slick passing triangles in the middle of the park, players (Gooch/Power in particular) foot on the ball pointing where they wanted the runner. Also Wyke back to goal and hold up, best I’ve seen him, transformed under LJ.

He starting to really impact this squad now. The transformation hes overseen in Charlie Wyke has been amazing.

Very early days for me , we have won two games in a row in the league , long way to go yet.
We were playing the worst team in the lge today and they hit the woodwork twice and had as many shots as us first half.
we would have at best drew that under parkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back