Johnson, peoples views

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, but you cant help feeling there's still some bad results in this team. Very fragile
I can't understand this view...we've got the 6th highest goals score, the joint fewest goals conceded (3rd best goal difference overall) and equal best form over the last 5 games and that's been achieved with one fit central defender. It's the first time in a long time I'm not nervous before a match.

Probably because he isn’t deemed good enough to make the step up by those that see him every day. He was on the bench due to desperation - he didn’t even get a start at Fleetwood when we played the full U23 defence, until players went off injured, then he played left back.
Tbf, you think wyke is absolutely shite so I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt. No offense.
Younger hasn't let anyone down when he's been called upon. He should be given a go imo.

I think it's quite hard to have that strong of an opinion based on the weaknesses in the squad he's inherited and the one, very constrained Jan transfer window he's had. He seems like a bit of a knob, but I can live with that if he's decent.

I think he'd very much exceed my expectations with this bunch if he gets us top 2, and I think playoffs would be par. Ultimately whatever happens we should be backing him in the summer with funds and giving him our support when we're back in the stadium - he's not been dealt a particularly great hand IMO

I think it's quite hard to have that strong of an opinion based on the weaknesses in the squad he's inherited and the one, very constrained Jan transfer window he's had. He seems like a bit of a knob, but I can live with that if he's decent.

I think he'd very much exceed my expectations with this bunch if he gets us top 2, and I think playoffs would be par. Ultimately whatever happens we should be backing him in the summer with funds and giving him our support when we're back in the stadium - he's not been dealt a particularly great hand IMO
Best post Ive read today

I can't understand this view...we've got the 6th highest goals score, the joint fewest goals conceded (3rd best goal difference overall) and equal best form over the last 5 games and that's been achieved with one fit central defender. It's the first time in a long time I'm not nervous before a match.
All valid points and valid reasons for how poor we were both last night and against Crewe.
I personally am not sold on LJ yet , our squad is that bad , I wouldn't want any managers job and reputation to depend on the current players performances and results. As has been said above "fragile" is an accurate word to describe our playing staff atm.
Swindon are 4pts from bottom and but for the woodwork and a worldy from Burge we could have dropped 2 pts to them last night.
However if LJ manages to get this lot promoted ( would be a tremendous achievement with what he is working with imo ), then he must be given funds to have a real shot at the championship.

Damn posted my bit before I read yours which virtually said everything first.

Last edited:

Totally agree with this apart from the knob bit, think he seems a canny bloke and harmless tbh

I think it stems from our lack of ability to remain consistent since dropping to this level. We’ve regularly put a decent run together then blown it in games when it counted and often games we would be expected to win.

Saturday, two screamers to rescue a point aside, felt like that was happening again.

We followed it up with a very important home win but it wasn’t convincing. Obviously there are mitigating factors but people expect the worst with us atm

I think we will need to go on a run of comfortable wins (unlikely in this league) before people start to feel confident in the team. The promotions under Reid and Keane felt a lot more assured, even though we had some ropey results under Keane at the start too.

overall I think Johnson has done a good job but I’m still not confident we have it in us to get over the line. Some good results over the next five games I will perhaps feel differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back