Johnson, peoples views

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to change it, even without the injuries in defence. We have two games a week until the end of the season. He has to use the whole squad and it's starting to look like they are all up to making a contribution.
The first half especially was the best we've played all season.
Without a doubt. This is a brutal league and we have to get out of it by any means possible.

We're a far better attacking team under him, I think it's 32 goals in 18 matches, 17 if you don't want to include the Wigan match. And conceded 14 in 18, or 13 in 17 if you don't want to include the Wigan match.

He's definitely improved us imo, defence not as solid, but he's all about scoring more goals, and goals win games at the end of the day.

Parkinson used to be buzzing wkth 0-0 draws. I feel we are starting to turn these draws into wins under Johnson, and I'm adament we will be top 2 come the end of the season.

Fairly impressed so far, still early days but we look a lot more dangerous going forward, he’s brought McGeady back into the fold and he’s been key to this. Wyke too looks improved. I like what he has to say, obviously actions speak louder than words and it’s still early days but we now find ourselves in a strong position to qualify for the playoffs and an outside chance at automatic promotion. We’ve also reached the EFL Trophy cup final. Good stuff.

Very early days for me , we have won two games in a row in the league , long way to go yet.
We were playing the worst team in the lge today and they hit the woodwork twice and had as many shots as us first half.

Last edited:
I think we'll see the benefits of that in the run in. We've played a massive amount of games in the last 2 months and a consistent 11 would be burning out long before April imo.

Probably right. Seems to have all the key players firing on all cylinders so is definitely having an impact.

I like him, but I looked at that team today and thought, what is he thinking

We pissed it

I obviously know bugger all about football

And what have they done with Charlie Wyke? It cant be legal, can it?
I did not want him nor did I like him when he was appointed. I'll give him huge credit though for many things most notably giving the players confidence and instilling fight in them which Wyke is the prime example. He is now the player we thought we had signed. Jones looks a very good acquisition too. So many players have upped their game and again this is all down to Johnson. Early signs are saying I was wrong about him but the final judgement will come at the end of the season.

I was underwhelmed by his appointment, but the simple fact he wasn’t Parkinson meant I was prepared to give him full backing.

I’ve grown to quite like him. He’s gradually improving us, the football is better and he seems to have a plan and is building a structure around it.

I think he’ll take us up, this season or next is the question.

We're a far better attacking team under him, I think it's 32 goals in 18 matches, 17 if you don't want to include the Wigan match. And conceded 14 in 18, or 13 in 17 if you don't want to include the Wigan match.

He's definitely improved us imo, defence not as solid, but he's all about scoring more goals, and goals win games at the end of the day.

Parkinson used to be buzzing wkth 0-0 draws. I feel we are starting to turn these draws into wins under Johnson, and I'm adament we will be top 2 come the end of the season.

Yep, agree with this. Under Parkinson, the clean sheets was a bit of a red herring. It wasn't a sign of a strong defence, it was a sign of a defensive approach.

Johnson has let the shackles off this team and as a result some of our defensive frailties have been exposed, but we're creating and scoring a lot more too. I think over time, we'll see far more wins from Johnson's approach.

Was never going to be an instant transformation overnight. Think success for him is getting us close to automatic - I don’t expect him to get it, but think we should be thereabouts at the end of the season, when you factor in the circumstances in which he arrived.

Still think we have by far the best squad in the division and should be pissing this league tbh, but Parkys set us back a distance this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back