JET2 Flight refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I know what the options are but EasyJet are making it impossible to claim a refund. You have to call their call centre and when you do it says it’s closed. 🤷‍♂️

You get 12 months to claim a refund.

Did you pay on credit card? If so, make a section 75 claim

£1408 for flights to Cyprus for the four of us with TUI in May next year, Jet2 want £1979 for the same flights on the same days. :rolleyes:

It was £1422 on Friday, but I can't change it unless I speak to the call centre because I'm travelling with an infant.

I booked the TUI flights.

Loads of companies now breaking the law over this.

What Ryan have done is outright disgusting. Told blatant lies. Getting absolutely hammered PR wise.
I’ve just taken a 240 quid hit and cancelled rather than let them take 2 and a half grand out of my account in May.

wankers
Error for me but can understand to some extent

What Ryan have done is outright disgusting. Told blatant lies. Getting absolutely hammered PR wise.

Error for me but can understand to some extent

Going by the TV news, sounds like TUI are being arsey anarl. One woman is now unable to claim from credit card as TUI have said they're refunding, but aren't.

Going by the TV news, sounds like TUI are being arsey anarl. One woman is now unable to claim from credit card as TUI have said they're refunding, but aren't.
I can't speak for TUI, but Ryan air outright lied which is the worst of it for me. If they had said delays in refunds people might have understood. Plus using working from home as an excuse. If they can not carry out their legal obligations working from home then a % of staff should still be in the office. They are using it as a convenient excuse

On a seperate but connected note, I don't understand why the airlines are not offering a sweetener to accept vouchers. Add 20% of the value or something.

So if your flight costs £1000 you can can have £1000 cash or a £1200 voucher. When a voucher is worth exactly the same as the cash why would anyone take a voucher?

Last edited:
I can't speak for TUI, but Ryan air outright lied which is the worst of it for me. If they had said delays in refunds people might have understood. Plus using working from home as an excuse. If they can not carry out their legal obligations working from home then a % of staff should still be in the office. They are using it as a convenient excuse

On a seperate but connected note, I don't understand why the airlines are not offering a sweetener to accept vouchers. Add 20% of the value or something.

So if your flight costs £1000 you can can have £1000 cash or a £1200 voucher. When a voucher is worth exactly the same as the cash why would anyone take a voucher?

Same women on tele news who was having problems with TUI said they were doing a 20% sweetener to rebook. But as she correctly points out, next year's prices are a lot more expensive anyway so not really getting any benefit from it.

Ryanair are disgusting like. Aye I was told they are processing a refund then they give me a voucher. They say in the email you can claim a refund if you want to - the link then brings you to a page that has no further link for claiming your refund. But again states you can but they won't process it until the crisis is over - when the fuck will that be? And, no instructions on how to claim the refund on that page.

I've been happy to move my Jet2 holiday. I should really be happy with a voucher from Ryanair as I use them a lot - but I f***ing hate them. They didn't help me once when I went to them with a problem. So fuck them I want my money :p

Ryanair are disgusting like. Aye I was told they are processing a refund then they give me a voucher. They say in the email you can claim a refund if you want to - the link then brings you to a page that has no further link for claiming your refund. But again states you can but they won't process it until the crisis is over - when the fuck will that be? And, no instructions on how to claim the refund on that page.

I've been happy to move my Jet2 holiday. I should really be happy with a voucher from Ryanair as I use them a lot - but I f***ing hate them. They didn't help me once when I went to them with a problem. So fuck them I want my money :p
You have to do a live chat with them to claim it. Over 6 hour wait yesterday apparently

Is anyone surprised about Ryan air though? They treat their customers with utter contempt at the best of times.

wonder they end up fined by the EU over this?

Same women on tele news who was having problems with TUI said they were doing a 20% sweetener to rebook. But as she correctly points out, next year's prices are a lot more expensive anyway so not really getting any benefit from it.
we looked at swapping ours in July to exact same holiday in July/August 2021 and its about £550 more ffs.

we looked at swapping ours in July to exact same holiday in July/August 2021 and its about £550 more ffs.
Article in the Irish Times on Mar 27th. All flights through their transfer dates link were more expensive than booking anonymously on their website. Dub - Luton was same price, from memory €170, ANY FLIGHT, on website could be had for as low as €17.99 on some dates.

Article in the Irish Times on Mar 27th. All flights through their transfer dates link were more expensive than booking anonymously on their website. Dub - Luton was same price, from memory €170, ANY FLIGHT, on website could be had for as low as €17.99 on some dates.
They're scum really.

still to receive my refund from Ryanair from 28th March. I’ll be ringing them after work like and giving them a mouthful
Easyjet said it could take 28 days for a refund but not to contact them unless it has been over 90 days!

Still getting daily emails from them about flight deals. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back